Magic Touch

RJD
This topic is 1342 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not sure if this belongs here or The Spa.

Anyone familiar with this site?

https://magictouch88.godaddysites.com/

Got hit up on Grindr today by a guy offering massages whose ad I never saw before. He was attractive and I’m always interested in a hot massage. I asked if he was local to which he replied yes. He had some obviously scripted messages and replies. The requirement was that you had to register on this site, pay a refundable $3 booking fee to search for and book him.

I’m suspicious of having to divulge personal information, especially the requirement of an electronic payment. The balance of the session is payable in cash when it happens. $3 is an insignificant amount, but I can lose a lot more than $3 by providing that information.

I told him I’ve never had to register for a session before and I pay in cash at the time it occurs. His reply was that it was for the safety of the masseur. $3 does not provide safety for the masseur, so I’m guessing the value is obtaining the client’s personal information.

My final message was that I wasn’t going to create an account and provide personal information, at which point I was blocked.

I’m positive this was a scam, but wanted to get others’ thoughts and warn other members who may use the hookup apps.

Edited by RJD

This is the latest scam on Grindr. I've seen this literally dozens of times already.

I suspect the goal is to gather your credit card information which will probably be charged much more than $3 eventually.

The websites they link to change a lot, but they never seem offer specific information about the masseur, especially not their location or phone number.

The websites they link to change a lot, but they never seem offer specific information about the masseur, especially not their location or phone number.

Exactly. The site apparently hosts multiple masseurs and you can’t get past their home screen and generic “about us” information without registering and paying the booking fee. You can’t even browse the masseurs until you book.

Exactly. The site apparently hosts multiple masseurs and you can’t get past their home screen and generic “about us” information without registering and paying the booking fee. You can’t even browse the masseurs until you book.

I doubt very much that there is anything more to see. There are probably no masseurs to browse, and once you've handed over your credit card information, I doubt there is anything there.