Are gay men less afraid of prostate exams and colonoscopies?

snowstalker02
This topic is 1349 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm asking this question because I recently had a prostate examination, and it hurt like hell. ?

At the moment the urologist was touching my prostate I knew I'd never become gay. ?

Are gays more used to that feeling so that it's natural for you guys to not feel nervous beforehand?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t talk for all gays but I’m never concerned about prostate exams. In fact, I joke with my urologist that he can start with two fingers. He’s gay and laughs that he’s afraid to lose his watch and rings. Now colonoscopies are a different story but not due to pain or discomfort. It is due to the prep the day before. It is just nasty!

Anal sex as a bottom was one of the main factors (among many others such as not wanting to be gay) that kept me from having sex until l was 41. I've still never bottomed at the age of 59.

Oh and I had to have routine prostate exams for several years in my early 30's due to chronic prostatitis I hated them. A few times I almost fainted and not from joy. I need a colonoscopy now. I can only hope I'm deeply anesthetized.

Does that answer your question?

Gman

I'm asking this question because I recently had a prostate examination, and it hurt like hell. ?

At the moment the urologist was touching my prostate I knew I'd never become gay. ?

Are gays more used to that feeling so that it's natural for you guys to not feel nervous beforehand?

"you guys" ... I'm confused. Who/what do you identify as?

Edited by RealAvalon

Anal sex as a bottom was one of the main factors (among many others such as not wanting to be gay) that kept me from having sex until l was 41. I've still never bottomed at the age of 59.

Oh and I had to have routine prostate exams for several years in my early 30's due to chronic prostatitis I hated them. A few times I almost fainted and not from joy. I need a colonoscopy now. I can only hope I'm deeply anesthetized.

Does that answer your question?

Gman

You must be very tight if you almost fainted from someone fingering your butt hole with lubricant. Don’t ever try bottoming! It’s not for you!

Or, it really is. Something that makes you swoon could be fun to investigated ... no?

It was a vasovagal reaction. Look it up. I believe it's a known risk of prostate exams.

Gman

It was probably stressful coming out. Sometimes stressful situations are just doors that need to be opened.

I didn't come out to my urologist. I was around 32-I didn't even think about "coming out" until my late 40's. Even today while not exactly in, I'm not exactly out.

Gman

The only discomfort I have experienced during routine prostate examinations -and a very mild one at that- has been that the cream-lube the doctors used felt really cold.

Full disclosure: I am not a real bottom, but I have enjoyed getting f*cked several times. I have to admit that a skilled dick up there feels good, and a lot, lot, lot better than the urologist’s probing finger(s). ?

Dan Savage (I quote him a lot) talked about getting a prostate exam during a physical in one of his books. The doctor was talking to him as he was about to start, trying to reassure him, and Dan finally said "Doc, I'm a gay man. This is not a big deal, just dive in" (or something to that effect). I may've used a similar line on my doctor.

speaking from personal experience, prostate exams have never bothered me, and having had several colonoscopies, I do not remember the actual procedure from any of them. Good anesthesia I guess; even the 'twilight' type, I do not remember falling asleep or waking up, but I don't remember them doing, er, anything back there. :-)

The only discomfort I have experienced during routine prostate examinations -and a very mild one at that- has been that the cream-lube the doctors used felt really cold.

Full disclosure: I am not a real bottom, but I have enjoyed getting f*cked several times. I have to admit that a skilled dick up there feels good, and a lot, lot, lot better than the urologist’s probing finger(s). ?

Definitely not enough tongue from my doctor. He's very cute

I recently had a prostate examination, and it hurt like hell.

Get a new doctor.

Seriously, you take a shit every day that’s bigger than his finger.

Will the doctor know I’m a bottom?

Yes.

Will he care?

No

Will constipation be a good cover story?

No.

And.....”cover story”?....WTF?

If you can’t be open with your doctor about getting fucked up the ass...get a new doctor.

If your doctor is putting more direct pressure on our prostate than your “poo”.....get a new doctor.

I think it's different. Poo is spread out. There's a difference between that and direct digital pressure on the prostate.Plus he has to put some pressure to feel the texture/resilience and look for lumps. And while I'm not a glutton for punishmentC and I'm sure there are many lead finger urologists, I'd be a bit suspicious of how good an exam it was if he barely touched it.

Gman