Brylcreem For Pleasure?

Gar1eth
This topic is 1375 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I haven't had a haircut since either early March or February. Now I'm basically bald, and the hair remaining on the sides is on the fine side without a lot of body. To try and keep it under control I bought some Brylcreem hoping "a little dab would do me!!"(?a shibboleth that I hope at least a few people will understand).

As I was applying some this morning (to my hair only), it occurred to me the stuff was a bit greasy. And that a lot hair creams used routinely in the past were probably even greasier. I started wondering if back in the heyday of greasy hair creams/pomades whether our older relatives might have used them "for purposes which they were never designed for." To wit-would/could they have been used/useful for jacking off?

yhst-88462588038071_2616_686861752

Gman

I’m sure they have been used for the “pleasurement” of boys everywhere. I, myself, never used lube. The problem with greasy products would be clean up. I hate when any clean up requires more time than the very act itself.

Question though - Wasn’t “A little dab will do ya” the slogan for Dippity Do?

Now, Dave, surely you know how to Google!

"Originally part of an advertising slogan in the 1950s for Brylcreem, a hair styling product for men. Primarily heard in US. This is a very powerful anti-inflammatory cream, so don't use too much—a little dab'll do ya".

Now, Dave, surely you know how to Google!

"Originally part of an advertising slogan in the 1950s for Brylcreem, a hair styling product for men. Primarily heard in US. This is a very powerful anti-inflammatory cream, so don't use too much—a little dab'll do ya".

As I wasn't born until 1961, the slogan was still going strong in the '60's.

Gman

I’m sure they have been used for the “pleasurement” of boys everywhere. I, myself, never used lube. The problem with greasy products would be clean up. I hate when any clean up requires more time than the very act itself.

Question though - Wasn’t “A little dab will do ya” the slogan for Dippity Do?

OUCH!!

Gman

This has always been my odd go-to lube.

It's great stuff (and cheap).

1-C74574-E-BA99-49-D2-B5-C1-8-AFB540-ED8-CD.jpg

Albolene was a bit too greasy for me. I wanted something a bit more 'watery'-but not too watery. I think when I first started out I used Jergens. Then over the years I switched to the yellow colored Desitin or the generic equivalent. At one time a small tube at Walgreen's only cost $0.99. But lately Desitin and it's generics have been stinging me. I don't know if ??‍♀️ "something has changed within me/something is not the same," ??‍♀️ or whether they've changed the formulation in the last several years.

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth