Nude beaches

Vancouver's nude beach was crammed today. Dune to dune (physically distanced) asses. The majority of the 4km kilometre beach is the straight nude beach, and to the south there is the gay nude beach. RCMP were walking through with their sniffing dog, I assume they were monitoring for drugs. (Two of them should have stayed after their shifts were over.) Illegal (unlicensed) liquor sales is the more frequent fine. Other than that ... sun and fun

Where is this beach you speak of?

Vancouver's nude beach was crammed today. Dune to dune (physically distanced) asses. The majority of the 4km kilometre beach is the straight nude beach, and to the south there is the gay nude beach. RCMP were walking through with their sniffing dog, I assume they were monitoring for drugs. (Two of them should have stayed after their shifts were over.) Illegal (unlicensed) liquor sales is the more frequent fine. Other than that ... sun and fun

• 2 weeks later...

Are there many people that go to Riis Beach? And are there derelict buildings along it (which is what I saw on YouTube).

I love the beach. I live 10 minutes biking from Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, and getting there and biking on the boardwalk in the morning is my cardio exercise, together with a stop sunbathing by the sea and a dip in the ocean when it's sunny and beautiful.

In 15 minutes by car I go to Riis Beach, which it's of course nicer than Brighton Beach.

First of all, even if one section is definitely 90% gay, Riis beach is NOT a nude beach. You can see some G-strings, you can see topless women, but no nude. You can actually be fined and arrested if you sunbathe nude there, it has happened!

When the weather calls for it, I usually arrive there by 8:30/9 am, and I LOVE it. Veeeery few people. During the week by Noon it becomes busy but still bearable for my lonely taste. On week ends, usually max by noon I leave because it starts to be packed. And I am allergic to loud music and loud people on a beach (and anywhere else...).

The big building behind the beach it's indeed derelict and abandoned now. It used to be a hospital for young TBC patients until the 1950s, then a old age nursing home until 1998.

As far as I know, Sandy Hook's Gunnison Beach (NJ) is the only official nude beach around NYC, of course with its own gay section.

@queensboroboy and @RealAvalon

Edited by Italiano

I love the beach. I live 10 minutes biking from Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, and getting there and biking on the boardwalk in the morning is my cardio exercise, together with a stop sunbathing by the sea and a dip in the ocean when it's sunny and beautiful.

In 15 minutes by car I go to Riis Beach, which it's of course nicer than Brighton Beach.

First of all, even if one section is definitely 90% gay, Riis beach is NOT a nude beach. You can see some G-strings, you can see topless women, but no nude. You can actually be fined and arrested if you sunbathe nude there, it has happened!

When the weather calls for it, I usually arrive there by 8:30/9 am, and I LOVE it. Veeeery few people. During the week by Noon it becomes busy but still bearable for my lonely taste. On week ends, usually max by noon I leave because it starts to be packed. And I am allergic to loud music and loud people on a beach (and anywhere else...).

The big building behind the beach it's indeed derelict and abandoned now. It used to be a hospital for young TBC patients until the 1950s, then a old age nursing home until 1998.

As far as I know, Sandy Hook's Gunnison Beach (NJ) is the only official nude beach around NYC, of course with its own gay section.

Wreck Beach might be a bit crowded for you in summer. Lots of people. This is a pic of the 'straight' beach. The gay beach has more nudity and is a bit further south. I think its 7 or 8 km long total.

wreck-beach-july2018.jpg

And this is a pic from the Guinness Book of World records' attempted 'most people skinny dipping at once' record

p72200421.jpg

Wreck Beach might be a bit crowded for you in summer. Lots of people.

LOL I will go early morning, it looks beautiful. Also Haulover nude beach in (North) Miami Beach is very crowded, but when I go there at around 8/9 am it's BEAUTIFUL!

I have always wanted to go Gunniosn Beach(NJ), but they jacked up the ferry fare to $50!. Where is the gay section and what is the best day to go?

I have always wanted to go Gunniosn Beach(NJ), but they jacked up the ferry fare to $50!. Where is the gay section and what is the best day to go?

Never been there. I know that the gay section is all the way to the right, past the bend. It's a good mile walk from the parking lot.

My favorite nude beach is Zipolite in Oaxaca, Mexico. So bummed we can’t get there for awhile.

Wow, I was there 30 years ago!.....

On Greek and Spanish islands you can find BEAUTIFUL nude beaches. Of course Mykonos has the suprefamous gay Super Paradise, which

unfortunately (for me) after 11 am, 12 pm during Summertime becomes like a NYC subway car during rush hour.

https://images.app.goo.gl/VVdpzD4nXHvy5AL7A

Ios Island also has gorgeous Manganari Beach:

https://images.app.goo.gl/SdVpt6h83CtzN3Wq9

There are anyway more less known nude beaches, as beautiful. On Ibiza there is gorgeous Es Cavallet beach.

https://images.app.goo.gl/PMCmAsGgBNfoU8AA7 Lots of action during the walk to get there!

In Italy also there are beautiful ones.

This is where my sister lives, I LOVE it. The nude (mostly gay) it is not easy to reach, but when you reach it......

https://www.loveliguria.it/itinerari-in-liguria/spiaggia-di-punta-crena/

My favorite nude beach around here is San Gregorio on the San Mateo coast (the private beach, not the state beach). If you like solitude, it's got it in spades. (Though if you like company, its got that too.)

http://www.natebeck.us/IMG_20200620_070607_657.jpg

I went to a nude beach once. It was windy and cold, and no one else showed up!

My favorite nude beach around here is San Gregorio on the San Mateo coast (the private beach, not the state beach). If you like solitude, it's got it in spades. (Though if you like company, its got that too.)

Can I join you there? (Spoiler: No, I can't at the moment!)