Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

purplekow
This topic is 1379 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have not found a thread on this show. I have been watching it a bit lately. Now on season 2 of 4. It is funny with many original songs which can be hilarious. Here is an example of one of the more upbeat songs. "I'm Getting Bi". The lead in to this song is the head of law firm has finally come to terms with his attraction to both sexes and he called a staff meeting to let his staff know. Funny lyrics and a great take off on Huey Lewis and the News style.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-Lkry-SF01&hsimp=yhs-SF01&hspart=Lkry&p=you+tube+crazy+ex-girlfriend+I+am+getting+bi#id=1&vid=480e5e2d93d913cc3fedef6b2499ca06&action=click

By the way, if you let it run onto the next song, you will see the main character of the show, who is a self absorbed stalker obsessed with her ex-boyfriend, sing a song "I'm a Good Person". which she sings as a revenge anthem to a bartender/future love interest who said she was nasty.

This is one of the most criminally underwatched TV shows of all time. I knew of Rachel Bloom from her youtube videos and I was so excited when this show came on. Alas, musicals on network television have always been a hard sell. I'm just glad they managed to get 4 really good seasons out of it.

I am about to start season 3 and quite frankly I am rooting for her to be alone at the end and happy in that solitude but I am betting they go full circle and put her together with Josh. It was the premise after all but I would prefer her to be the Sane Ex-Girlfriend at the end and a lot less self involved. I have to say though, I am at the part of the show when other characters are telling her to shut up and act like an adult, especially Ms. Hernandez.

This is one of the most criminally underwatched TV shows of all time. I knew of Rachel Bloom from her youtube videos and I was so excited when this show came on. Alas, musicals on network television have always been a hard sell. I'm just glad they managed to get 4 really good seasons out of it.

My current favorite show is Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. It was just green lit for a second season. I haven’t been so emotional about a show in years, it has made me laugh out loud and nearly brought me to tears. I had to fight those damned tears off trust me. It’s also a musical show. The cast is amazing. They aren’t all great singers but it doesn’t matter. The more the show went on the more I loved it.

I enjoy Crazy Ex for its innovative songs and how entertaining it is, but emotionally I’ve never been as attached as with Zoey’s.

My current favorite show is Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. It was just green lit for a second season. I haven’t been so emotional about a show in years, it has made me laugh out loud and nearly brought me to tears. I had to fight those damned tears off trust me. It’s also a musical show. The cast is amazing. They aren’t all great singers but it doesn’t matter. The more the show went on the more I loved it.

I enjoy Crazy Ex for its innovative songs and how entertaining it is, but emotionally I’ve never been as attached as with Zoey’s.

. I enjoy Zoey as well but the songs in Ex are funny and creative. I think that the characters in Ex are very damaged and hard to like at time makes an emotional attachment tough, though Darryl and Hunky White Josh have a bunch of tender moments. My big question with them is why did they stop making scenes in which White Josh takes off his shirt. That was a running gag in the first season, one they could have kept going with for my money.

. I enjoy Zoey as well but the songs in Ex are funny and creative. I think that the characters in Ex are very damaged and hard to like at time makes an emotional attachment tough, though Darryl and Hunky White Josh have a bunch of tender moments. My big question with them is why did they stop making scenes in which White Josh takes off his shirt. That was a running gag in the first season, one they could have kept going with for my money.

I concur. I like both shows but if I had to pick one, Zoey’s edges out Crazy Ex.

Speaking of White Josh, he is the supplemental character that seems to have the most depth and seems like the one character grounded in reality. He has a nice arc from gym buddy second best friend to gay man with a point of view and a daddy fetish and who is comfortable with that. He is in a relationship and he is kind and caring to his partner and he has come to be a loving extra dad to his partner's daughter. Now a few more shirtless scenes in season three and four please. I did see that he has a musical number Fit Guys have Problems Too in which he is shirtless, so looking forward to seeing that in the proper order. I must admit to scrolling through future episodes and seeing the number in a still for the episode in which it is aired and then I went ahead and watched it. Chippendale's take off. had to have one as they have parodied just about every other genre, artist and movie type.