What do you think about this article??

carlos45
This topic is 1386 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think it makes valid points despite it being in the Post. It will become known that masks protect society from the people who wear them more than the other way round, so wearing one will likely become a signal that 'I care about your health'. I have seen news reports that purport to show Speaker Pelosi wearing fancy masks that match the rest of her outfit, and of people in Paris seeking to make style statements with the design of the masks they wear. I haven't worn one yet, but I can see that in some circumstances I would, and as I have posted in other threads I have bought some surgical masks and also ordered some cloth ones online (including pride masks). If we're going to wear them I see no reason why we would not make the same fashion statements that we do (or don't) with other items of clothing.

I think it makes valid points despite it being in the Post. It will become known that masks protect society from the people who wear them more than the other way round, so wearing one will likely become a signal that 'I care about your health'. I have seen news reports that purport to show Speaker Pelosi wearing fancy masks that match the rest of her outfit, and of people in Paris seeking to make style statements with the design of the masks they wear. I haven't worn one yet, but I can see that in some circumstances I would, and as I have posted in other threads I have bought some surgical masks and also ordered some cloth ones online (including pride masks). If we're going to wear them I see no reason why we would not make the same fashion statements that we do (or don't) with other items of clothing.

I thought this thread was going to be about 'a' and 'the' ...

I feel obligated to reflect on the wisdom of George Carlin. He did tend to go a little too far sometimes (not for sensitive viewers!), but that is why some of us enjoyed him! ?

I feel obligated to reflect on the wisdom of George Carlin. He did tend to go a little too far sometimes (not for sensitive viewers!), but that is why some of us enjoyed him! ?

I'm 100% team George! I'll take my liberty any day over the bull shit the government and media is force feeding us. Yes I am 100% that ass hole in the grocery store and mall not wearing a mask! And I wont apologize because you're a little bitch.

Long before Covid people in Canada would be wearing masks during flu season, particularly people from East and Southeast Asia. It was quite a common sight when I would visit Vancouver. I don't understand how personal freedom and liberty becomes impacted by mask-wearing, any more than it is impacted by not being allowed to drink and drive. Both are about reducing risk to yourself and others. I don't always wear a mask up here, but if I lived in the USA I think I would for sure. Its an easy thing to do to augment protection for yourself and others. Not a gurantee of safety, but a small price to pay for greater peace of mind.

Long before Covid people in Canada would be wearing masks during flu season, particularly people from East and Southeast Asia. It was quite a common sight when I would visit Vancouver. I don't understand how personal freedom and liberty becomes impacted by mask-wearing, any more than it is impacted by not being allowed to drink and drive. Both are about reducing risk to yourself and others. I don't always wear a mask up here, but if I lived in the USA I think I would for sure. Its an easy thing to do to augment protection for yourself and others. Not a guarantee of safety, but a small price to pay for greater peace of mind.

The voice of sanity peals.

In Canada there's about 1/3 of people from either East of South Asia, where masking wearing is culturally common, perhaps because of the pollution levels in some Asian cities. Then there's about a 1/3 of people from some sort of British background, that love following rules - cueing up neatly at the bus stop and not butting into a line. Then there's the other 1/3, half of whom will wear a mask because everyone else is. And that leaves about 16.6666% that won't wear a mask.

I’m sure we will be wearing for quite some time to come, not just a few more weeks! My sister sent me a dozen in a variety of colors and styles. At least, @LIguy and I will be stylish.

Some of those onlyfans guys could take an entrepreneurial leaf out of the Orange is the New Black women's play book, and start selling masks that they have worn as jock straps. Derek Atlas if you're listening ...

Edited by RealAvalon

Some of those onlyfans guys could take an entrepreneurial leaf out of the Orange is the New Black women's play book, and start selling masks that they have worn as jock straps. Derek Atlas if you're listening ...

Hopefully sexier than this:

http://www.natebeck.us/mail.jpg

In all seriousness, I've been looking for something more stylish and sexy than the usual facemask. I checked out the Mr S website thinking they might have something, but it's just the usual masks and bandanas. Though they're nice masks and bandanas!

I agree. The will quickly become a fashion statement. I expect that we'll start seeing them walk the cat walks at fashion week.

And, replying to my own post, I've just had another idea. Derek, if you're listening, you could sell masks that have photos of either your junk or ass printed on the inside of the mask. ;)

...I've been looking for something more stylish and sexy than the usual facemask. I checked out the Mr S website thinking they might have something, but it's just the usual masks and bandanas. Though they're nice masks and bandanas!

Johnston and Murphy has some nice masks. The quirky patterns (cocktail glasses, airplanes, anchors, and guitars) have sold out, but they have a decent selection of work- and family-appropriate styles. Dillards has some by Martex that fit me better than the Johnston and Murphy ones did.

Johnston and Murphy has some nice masks. The quirky patterns (cocktail glasses, airplanes, anchors, and guitars) have sold out, but they have a decent selection of work- and family-appropriate styles. Dillards has some by Martex that fit me better than the Johnston and Murphy ones did.

It's an ear thing. Some people have good ears for masks, and some people don't and need the straps behind the head models.

It's an ear thing. Some people have good ears for masks, and some people don't and need the straps behind the head models.

For me, it is a bigger-than-average head thing. There are two brands of caps (Eddie Bauer and J. Crew) that are big enough for me to wear. Glasses also become an issue.

I have a half dozen masks that I bought early on from a neighbor who was making them as part of her craft hobby, as well as some I ordered later from a company that makes medical gear (scrubs, etc.). Most of the craft masks have ties, but a couple have thin elastic ear bands (the maker told me that craft hobbyists were having a hard time obtaining elastic), and the commercial ones all have elastic ear bands. I find the craft masks more comfortable, but the commercial ones fit tighter and are probably more effective therefore. However, I hate wearing all of them, especially in desert heat, and am very glad I don't have to do so all day. If I am walking around outdoors where I may occasionally have to use a mask, I wear a cotton bandana around my neck, and pull it up when necessary.