Atlanta Braves Star Seriously Sick with Covid19

WilliamM
This topic is 1373 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Freddie Freeman is running a high temperature. He is the first significant major league baseball player to test positive since training started a few days ago. His wife said we have been so careful and then it hit him like a ton of bricks.

Perhaps major league baseball should have just cancelled the 2020 season.

Players cannot live in a bubble, while seeing family members, flying to other baseball cities, driving back and forum to team stadiums, but without fans.

Edited by WilliamM

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could still turn it around in 2-3 months if people get serious.

Yes, but they won't!

When so much false information is disseminated by "leadership" and scientists are repeatedly contradicted and ignored, the people get mixed signals. This causes too many risks to be taken.

2-3 months? That would be nice. I am not optimistic at all given the mismanagement of the pandemic.

I'm so frustrated with MLB. I love baseball but not at the expense of the players. I know they are trying to mirror Korea's baseball situation but let's get real it's not the same thing. Korea is a smaller country and their society has experience with dealing with pandemics. Money talks and the owners want to try to save what they can but if things get worse and they have to call off the season what will be their justification for taking the risk in the first place?

I'm so frustrated with MLB. I love baseball but not at the expense of the players. I know they are trying to mirror Korea's baseball situation but let's get real it's not the same thing. Korea is a smaller country and their society has experience with dealing with pandemics. Money talks and the owners want to try to save what they can but if things get worse and they have to call off the season what will be their justification for taking the risk in the first place?

So, a fever is now 'seriously sick' ???? WOW.

"Freeman’s wife posted on Instagram that Freeman has “body aches, headaches, chills, and a high fever.” She said “He is someone who literally never gets sick and this virus hit him like a ton of bricks,” she said. “We’ve been really strict for the last 4 months,” she wrote. “Haven’t gone to a grocery store, haven’t gone out to dinner once, haven’t seen our friends … and still got it.” She added, “Please take this virus seriously, wear a mask when in public and wash your hands frequently.”

So, a fever is now 'seriously sick' ???? WOW.

"Freeman’s wife posted on Instagram that Freeman has “body aches, headaches, chills, and a high fever.” She said “He is someone who literally never gets sick and this virus hit him like a ton of bricks,” she said. “We’ve been really strict for the last 4 months,” she wrote. “Haven’t gone to a grocery store, haven’t gone out to dinner once, haven’t seen our friends … and still got it.” She added, “Please take this virus seriously, wear a mask when in public and wash your hands frequently.”

That is different information than what was originally posted...the information originally posted said

Freddie Freeman is running a high temperature.

So, what I replied to initially was based on the information given. THIS is different information.

I had the virus Greg and my doctor can't tell me if I'll have any long time complications from heart or liver problems. My doctor can't tell me if my antibodies will wear off in a couple of months and whether I could be re-infected in the fall. Who's your doctor that's giving you such great news?

I had the virus Greg and my doctor can't tell me if I'll have any long time complications from heart or liver problems. My doctor can't tell me if my antibodies will wear off in a couple of months and whether I could be re-infected in the fall. Who's your doctor that's giving you such great news?

There are always going to be extreme cases, like the double lung transplant I think a month or so here in Illinois but the vast majority have a mild discomfort and then get better in a few weeks. Maybe you'll be an extreme example maybe you won't. But I'm not putting my life on hold for a few hundred thousand deaths. ?‍♂️ Not sorry.

There are always going to be extreme cases, like the double lung transplant I think a month or so here in Illinois but the vast majority have a mild discomfort and then get better in a few weeks. Maybe you'll be an extreme example maybe you won't. But I'm not putting my life on hold for a few hundred thousand deaths. ?‍♂️ Not sorry.

Perhaps that is what Nick Cordova's wife said early on. Why would someone minimum covid19? Sure there many relatively mild cases, but an unusually large number of deaths.

Perhaps that is what Nick Cordova's wife said early on. Why would someone minimum covid19? Sure there many relatively mild cases, but an unusually large number of deaths.

There are about 8 billion people on this rock. There have been 535,499 deaths globally.

There are about 8 billion people on this rock. There have been 535,499 deaths globally.

The virus is worse than even in the United States and Brazil. If major league baseball has to open and then close again, very bad news for the NFL. And as long as people like Jerry Falwell are making decisions for Liberty University in Virginia, the Victims of covid19 will multiple.

Even Harvard has decided to teach online for 2020-2021.

Three major league baseball teams cancelled practices today because they had not received the results from covid19 testing done late last week.