The Poke Rafferty Novels

Lucky
This topic is 1363 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Timothy Hallinan writes the Poke Rafferty novels, a series set in Bangkok, more specifically the Patpong district. Patpong is where many of the red lights are. Although the series is about an American married to a beautiful ex-bar girl, many of the observations about life there apply as well to working guys. The latest novel, Street Music, arrived in my hands today and I am 20% in, having decided to spread the reading out over 5 days- to savor it rather than swallow it! What I am looking for here is fellow fans of Timothy Hallinan. Perhaps we could share observations.

Timothy Hallinan writes the Poke Rafferty novels, a series set in Bangkok, more specifically the Patpong district. Patpong is where many of the red lights are. Although the series is about an American married to a beautiful ex-bar girl, many of the observations about life there apply as well to working guys. The latest novel, Street Music, arrived in my hands today and I am 20% in, having decided to spread the reading out over 5 days- to savor it rather than swallow it! What I am looking for here is fellow fans of Timothy Hallinan. Perhaps we could share observations.

Thanks! You know how much I love his novels. I just recommended its purchase to my local library. (I'm sure they would have gotten around to it; they're just way behind because of covid-19.)

Yes, I remember! I have just finsihed reading Street music, which is the final volume in the Poke Rafferty series. Sad to say, but it's pretty dull as author Timothy Hallinan resolves issues that had been left open. If one is interested in the series, Street Music is definitely not the book to start with.