Ben Platt on Hansen Movie

Lucky
This topic is 893 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I suggest Ben Platt and his boyfriend try a virtual "I Do! I Do" the two character musical from the mid 1960s. The musical is written for a straight couple. The song are not greatly memorable and it is known as a vehicle for long established stars. As Trump often says, what do you have to lose?"

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, samhexum said:

Ben-- the third and least significant member of the Platt acting dynasty (behind older brothers Oliver and Ed [who played The Chief on GET SMART])-- is on THE VIEW this morning.  Since I couldn't care less, I'm not watching, but I thought I'd alert anyone here who might care.

Ben's actual older brother, Jonah is hot AF, and sing too, but are they actually related to Oliver and Ed? I also think he's a fantastic actor - even the acting in his music videos are amazing.

12 hours ago, samhexum said:

Ben-- the third and least significant member of the Platt acting dynasty (behind older brothers Oliver and Ed [who played The Chief on GET SMART])-- is on THE VIEW this morning.  Since I couldn't care less, I'm not watching, but I thought I'd alert anyone here who might care.

Get Smart. Betty White was a teenager when that show was on the radio

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 6:42 PM, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

I want to like Ben Platt, but I don't.  

DEH was a chore to sit through.  It was bland-by-Wildhorn standard and the story felt like it pandered constantly.

You are such a harsh critic. Thankfully you are wrong a lot! (Not that I am always right!)

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

You are such a harsh critic. Thankfully you are wrong a lot! (Not that I am always right!)

Most theatre people are tough critics.  It's inherent to the hobby.

One can't be wrong when it comes to personal opinion.  One person's bad performance is another's standing ovation.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it a few weeks ago on the night it opened in IMAX in NYC when I was visiting.   

I normally don't like the movie versions of a musical as well as I do the musicals but this was an exception.   I saw DEH twice on broadway with Ben.   It helped they were able to use the process of deaging the characters in the movie and a lot of the original cast was in the movie (that's what I didn't like about Hairspray, Chicago and Nine, none of the original stars).    

I'm a big fan of Ben's though and watched every episode of the politician and saw him perform live in Detroit and am planning on seeing him in his tour starting soon.