Palm Springs gay resorts recommendations please (July or August)

tony
This topic is 1400 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So our travel plans have changed and my travel partner (a friend) and I are going to Palm Springs instead.

Please, any suggestions on the absolute best, most fun places to stay there that you guys can recommend?

Have done some internet research and see lots of clothing optional (great!), big and small resorts, I can see the pros and cons of both.

Some enlightenment on all this would greatly help as we are newbies t this particular area.

Thank you for all your advice and suggestions.

This would be for either late mid to late July or early August for about 5-6 nights.

Also, not far from the downtown area, which I understand is where the bars and restaurants are situated.

Does one need a car? Being California I would assume so.

Again, thanks for all you can tell me on the realities and possibilities.

I know this is all pending what happens with the Covid-19 situation between now and then.

So our travel plans have changed and my travel partner (a friend) and I are going to Palm Springs instead.

Please, any suggestions on the absolute best, most fun places to stay there that you guys can recommend?

Have done some internet research and see lots of clothing optional (great!), big and small resorts, I can see the pros and cons of both.

Some enlightenment on all this would greatly help as we are newbies t this particular area.

This would be for either late mid to late July or early August for about 5-6 nights.

Also, not far from the downtown area, which I understand is where the bars and restaurants are situated.

I know this is all pending what happens with the Covid-19 situation between now and then.

I highly recommend INNDulge. I've been there twice and will be returning in October. The facilities are very nice, fantastic pool and hot tub, clean rooms (some with kitchens), great staff, good continental breakfast and membership at the WorkOUT gym (a boutique gay gym) included. The guest are HOT and nudity is permitted throughout the facility.

INNDulge is the the Warm Sands gayborhood, and within waking distance (or a cheap Uber) to the bars on Arenas and the Tool Shed. You'll love it.

I highly recommend INNDulge. I've been there twice and will be returning in October. The facilities are very nice, fantastic pool and hot tub, clean rooms (some with kitchens), great staff, good continental breakfast and membership at the WorkOUT gym (a boutique gay gym) included. The guest are HOT and nudity is permitted throughout the facility.

INNDulge is the the Warm Sands gayborhood, and within waking distance (or a cheap Uber) to the bars on Arenas and the Tool Shed. You'll love it.

InnDulge has a good reputation. During the quarantine, the Hacienda Inn, which is very nice also, kept all of its employees on the payroll. I'd support a place like that.

The sex venues have day passes, so you can stay at a nice place at night and still go to them. Not that I ever have.

It is not easy to predict what you will find this weekend, much less in a little over a month. Most of the gay venues in PS have been closed until very recently, and the bars are still not supposed to be open. However, I have been told that some of the bars have been circumventing the rules by claiming to have food service, and then ordering in pizzas or food from restaurants for customers to share. A neighbor told me he was shocked to go past the Tool Shed and see it open, so he went in and found it crowded, no masks or social distancing, and I was told the same about a bar on Arenas by another acquaintance. The governor today issued a new statewide rule (it had been a local option) that masks must be worn in every indoor venue where distancing is not possible, so there may be a crackdown coming.

It is not easy to predict what you will find this weekend, much less in a little over a month. Most of the gay venues in PS have been closed until very recently, and the bars are still not supposed to be open. However, I have been told that some of the bars have been circumventing the rules by claiming to have food service, and then ordering in pizzas or food from restaurants for customers to share. A neighbor told me he was shocked to go past the Tool Shed and see it open, so he went in and found it crowded, no masks or social distancing, and I was told the same about a bar on Arenas by another acquaintance. The governor today issued a new statewide rule (it had been a local option) that masks must be worn in every indoor venue where distancing is not possible, so there may be a crackdown coming.

The bars on Arenas, e.g., Streetbar, Blackbook, are open, with distancing and masking requirements.

I so much appreciate all your input and knowledge that you're sharing of these places. I've never been to PS, so am also cautious with the Covid situation about what may be open or not by the last week of July. Thank you all.

I so much appreciate all your input and knowledge that you're sharing of these places. I've never been to PS, so am also cautious with the Covid situation about what may be open or not by the last week of July. Thank you all.

Just be prepared that some outdoor activities may not be super comfortable in July due to the heat. I was there last year and it was 115 degrees in the shade, which I didnt mind because I love dry heat. But many people find it opressive even sitting by the pool. If you take the gondola up the mountain its a good 15 or 20 degrees cooler.

Just be prepared that some outdoor activities may not be super comfortable in July due to the heat. I was there last year and it was 115 degrees in the shade, which I didnt mind because I love dry heat. But many people find it opressive even sitting by the pool. If you take the gondola up the mountain its a good 15 or 20 degrees cooler.

The Tramway up to the mountaintop has been closed since the start of the of the pandemic. The gondola cars are too small for distancing with more than a handful of people onboard, and its not worth the expense of running it with too few customers. Many other popular tourist attractions are also closed, but the Living Desert in Palm Desert has just re-opened and is worth a visit, likewise Joshua Tree National Park; however, in July and August they are uncomfortably hot.

I've been a resident of PS for about 5 years now and I love it. One of my favorite things to do is sit by the pool at night, usually after 10 pm. It is still warm but there is typically a breeze. You won't need a sweater. I moved from NYC and all of my sweaters, jackets and coats are gathering dust.

If this is your primary vacation for this year or you like to travel/stay in style, I strongly recommend staying at The Hacienda Inn. This mens only, clothing optional property is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are beautifully appointed, many with kitchenettes. The grounds are lovely with two pools and spas. Full continental breakfast is served every morning. I believe you said you were staying 5 or more days. The Hacienda Inn has two deals based on length of stay, either one or two free nights. That would be a substantial savings. www.thehacienda.com.

If you have more detailed questions, please send me a dm. I can give you my telephone number and we can chat.

Thank you all so very much for all your advice and observations, as I have zero knowledge of the area. I like both hotels recommended thus far, just price differences and I will have to discuss that with my travel partner. I know what I like!

Sounds like a great place and lots to do nearby, along with a gay friendly atmosphere and also to relax as well.

Thank you Eggman, I am only waiting for my friend to decide between both. I appreciate your saying both are acceptable, and they seem to be from their websites, of course, it takes a person who knows them, like you, to really know. Also thanks for the Covid-19 notice, good to know how everyone is ding in these strange times.