What do we know about when and how Montreal clubs will reopen?

newatthis

That does the live streaming. He takes up a lot of space. I realize this is ruining my chances for that free back stage pass ... haha

That is DJ Anthony that has worked at Stock Bar since St Andre.

We hope he's not going anywhere soon. If it wasn't for DJ Anthony the live shows that kept many people entertained during COVID would not have gone on.

Stock Bar is reopening Saturday night @8PM.

Anyone go to Stock Bar for the reopening this weekend? Would love a report about what it's like at a strip bar in this time of COVID. Can you still touch/interact with the dancers? After so many weeks of being in social isolation, if it's safe I'm certainly ready to take a road trip and get a lap dance!

I didn't attend in person but I did watch the first two hours of the show on the website feed. I saw no dancers wearing masks. Employees seemed to have face shields on. Quite a few dancers in attendance including Zack, Adrian, Vinny, Jay, Ronny, Marco, Kyle, Fabio, Calvin, and a few others. I couldn't tell how many customers were in attendance. I'm hope someone who actually attended in person will chirp in soon.

In the live feed was it possible to discern mask-wearing trends among customers?

I’ll possibly drop in Tuesday (eve of a holiday here), or next weekend after a week has passed for establishments to have settled in to their adjusted protocol.

Edited by SirBIllybob

Quebec has given coronavirus a 2-week construction holiday, roughly spanning St Jean-Baptiste, Stonewall date-centred Pride, and Canada Day festivities.

It is a unique tradition, typically applied a little later in the summer but enabling all in the construction industry to halt all projects at once rather than a staggered and more difficult to schedule arrangement over two months for various work roles.

Kingston, in Ontario midway between Montreal and Toronto (and once in the running along with Ottawa for national capital city status), foolishly neglected to assign coronavirus a vacation. Kingston had been totally under control for months but got cocky and now has coronavirus and associated testing and tracing ripping through it, the nano-epicentre being 2 nail salons in town. Imagine! Expecting coronavirus to trade off a much needed rest so perfectly groomed feet could show off in fashionable summer footwear, complementing shiny sassy fingernails curled around patio cocktails.

Enjoy the break from Montreal, coronavirus. See you back at work in a few weeks.

Edited by SirBIllybob

If you think coronavirus is taking a break--- THINK again!!!

I definitely don’t think it’s taking a break. I thought that the average reader would take from my personifying it’s eagerness to find hosts that I was being tongue-in-cheek. I remain as vigilantly hazard-protected as ever in Montreal.

Stock Bar was promoting his reopening so it was Taboo.

I hope so those two place have wonderful people and they need their work/job back

As soon as I am allowed to travel I will be using my Air Canada ?? voucher. If I ever find it, that it is, i keep contacting AC and Aeroplan and still not straight answers.

:(

I've been watching the Stock live feed most nights since they reopened. They have had a solid line-up of dancers on weekend nights. Weeknights have had fewer dancers...but that has always been the case. On Friday night, I saw Malik, Jasper, Milan, and Milton back for the first time. Milan has completely shaved his beard. At first I did not recognize him. Milton and Jasper have gotten noticeably smaller but still look great. Miguail made an appearance last night doing his always entertaining show.

I would say that, if you are already within Canada, it's definitely worth going to Stock if you are comfortable with the idea of social interfacing with people at this point in time. The entertainment is solid and there is plenty of choice.

As far as travel from the US to Canada, I don't see that changing anytime soon. I don't see Canada allowing travel of US tourists to Canada whilst the US continues to have such huge COVID numbers. I fully expect the moratorium on travel between the countries to be extended beyond July 21.

The entry restrictions will likely be very gradually and gingerly eased over the next 12 months, with basic tourism the lowest priority and essential business & supply chain continuity the highest priority. Some in-between areas in the hierarchy, for example, broadening the criteria for family relations, or American owns property in Canada.

All with a watchful eye on infection rates.

There isn’t much in the way of Canadian tourism experience that cannot be accessed to a similar degree south of the border, for the broader American public anyway, and considering that outdoor emphasis is promoted. Canadians would endure no less deprivation, especially seeing as winter access to warmer American weather is not off the table, since we are not restricted from entering the USA by air, but likely influenced by reluctance especially among the ‘silver set’.

Each group putting money into respective in-country local resources offsets the troubled tourist economy woes with similar net effect.

Edited by SirBIllybob

I've been watching the Stock live feed most nights since they reopened. They have had a solid line-up of dancers on weekend nights. Weeknights have had fewer dancers...but that has always been the case. On Friday night, I saw Malik, Jasper, Milan, and Milton back for the first time. Milan has completely shaved his beard. At first I did not recognize him. Milton and Jasper have gotten noticeably smaller but still look great. Miguail made an appearance last night doing his always entertaining show.

I would say that, if you are already within Canada, it's definitely worth going to Stock if you are comfortable with the idea of social interfacing with people at this point in time. The entertainment is solid and there is plenty of choice.

As far as travel from the US to Canada, I don't see that changing anytime soon. I don't see Canada allowing travel of US tourists to Canada whilst the US continues to have such huge COVID numbers. I fully expect the moratorium on travel between the countries to be extended beyond July 21.

I believe it has been extended til end of August. Who knows if that will be re-extended then. Anyhow, I just completed my 2 week quarantine in Toronto and now able to live with my parents. The government has called me 5 times during the quarantine. Too bad i didn’t have any visits from the police officers.

Could you tell if there are lap dances?

Could you tell if there are lap dances?

I don't know for sure as I have only watched the live internet feed on my computer. However I would say there probably are some kind lap dances offered. Perhaps curtain open and no contact allowed? Maybe someone in the know can chime in.

I have been physically present in The Village but as a rule I don’t go indoors unless (most) occupants wear a mask as I do or I must buy essential goods. Very few are wearing masks in grocery stores in Montreal or indoors in The Village.

I have ascertained that the private dance areas in the clubs are operational, masks not mandatory, in keeping with guidelines that measures are but recommended. Only public transit is pushing masks as essential, but it is difficult to enforce. I don’t know details about the private dance choreography but I do not think it is substantially different from pre-pandemic. Staff, understandably, gravitate more to the ‘party line’ of public health when you inquire. Some dancers allude to no restrictions imposed.

Most people on the strip are sitting outdoors, but certainly less volume than previous summers, and indoor spaces are very anaemic. I think that Saloon and Club Le Date are recovering the best. Street performers are notably absent.

Edited by SirBIllybob

I have been physically present in The Village but as a rule I don’t go indoors unless (most) occupants wear a mask as I do or I must buy essential goods. Very few are wearing masks in grocery stores in Montreal or indoors in The Village.

I have ascertained that the private dance areas in the clubs are operational, masks not mandatory, in keeping with guidelines that measures are but recommended. Only public transit is pushing masks as essential, but it is difficult to enforce. I don’t know details about the private dance choreography but I do not think it is substantially different from pre-pandemic. Staff, understandably, gravitate more to the ‘party line’ of public health when you inquire. Some dancers allude to no restrictions imposed.

Most people on the strip are sitting outdoors, but certainly less volume than previous summers, and indoor spaces are very anaemic. I think that Saloon and Club Le Date are recovering the best. Street performers are notably absent.

Edited by SirBIllybob

So I’m watching the “Live Feeds” on this Monday morning (it’s better than coffee!!) and assumed it is from this past weekend. But I see legendary Jake on stage, the bar is packed and there are no masks anywhere in sight. Is this an old “live” show or from this past weekend?! Lol

Rerun. They did have live shows this weekend. Nice to see some of the boys: jay, Kyle, Milton, Denzel, Adrian, vinny, Robbie and others.

I’m very appreciative of the reruns and the live shows from stock bar. I wish I could visit. This will be the first summer in 10 years that I haven’t been to Montreal. Hoping the border will open up in September so I can visit.