What do we know about when and how Montreal clubs will reopen?

newatthis

1 hour ago, twinkboylover28 said:

I agree. It would have been nice for Canadians to have the opportunity to be fully vaccinated back in April like most Americans.

Trudeau says no deal on lifting border restrictions after talks with Biden

https://thehill.com/policy/international/americas/558223-trudeau-says-no-deal-on-lifting-border-restrictions-after-talks

No surprise there. 

1 hour ago, SirBIllybob said:

I may do a walk-through at Stock this week. I may even splurge on a nice meal out since I’ve likely saved thousands of dollars I otherwise would have spent at the strip clubs over the past 15 months. 

C25C3D4E-18CA-4A7E-8454-A2A86EA8C79C.jpeg

I just heard on the CBC News that the Ontario/Quebec border will reopen to tourists this Wednesday. I can start planning my next visit to Montreal after a sixteen month absence. It seems like the last century.

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

I just heard on the CBC News that the Ontario/Quebec border will reopen to tourists this Wednesday. I can start planning my next visit to Montreal after a sixteen month absence. It seems like the last century.

Awesome.  Have fun when you go😀.

12 hours ago, VictorG said:

How are things looking on the Stock Bar live feed? I cancelled my subscription. A good stable of guys this week? Does the bar look busy?

I've been watching each night since Tuesday...at least for a little while.  Friday was the busiest night as far as number of dancers goes.  Most the guys were returning former dancers (Jay, Pauly, Adrian, Marco, Kyle, Frank, Zach, Ronny) plus a few mostly forgettable new guys.  Most of the returning dancers are not in as good of shape as before...which is understandable.  Gyms were closed for many months.  Alex the bartender is back but the rest of the bartenders I saw seemed new to me.  Former dancer Tommy seems to be the new manager.  He was there each night but didn't dance.  

It was hard to tell how busy the bar was as the camera didn't pan around the room whilst I was watching.  I'm sure it will take a few weeks for them to get back into the groove.  If I was in Canada, I would definitely plan on going.   

Stock felt a little more sterile than usual when I stopped in last night. One drink and I left.

Stopped by Taboo- pretty good line up and the boys there are hungry and clearly have been practicing their craft during their downtime the last year- might be my new go to spot.

Alot of activity outside Expose cabaret when I passed but I didn't venture in. Any recent reports on this place? I went when they first opened and wasn't too impressed.

3 hours ago, VictorG said:

Alot of activity outside Expose cabaret when I passed but I didn't venture in. Any recent reports on this place? I went when they first opened and wasn't too impressed.

Thanks for the update.  Is Expose in the old Adonis space?

On 6/19/2021 at 12:02 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

I've been watching each night since Tuesday...at least for a little while.  Friday was the busiest night as far as number of dancers goes.  Most the guys were returning former dancers (Jay, Pauly, Adrian, Marco, Kyle, Frank, Zach, Ronny).

Further to my post above, A few more former dancers returned to Stock this weekend.  Both Vinny and Fabio made appearances.  Additionally Hayden (who previously danced for the ladies at Club 281) danced at Stock on both Wednesday and Saturday.  So slowly but surely the former dancers are returning.  

I guess I'll post any future Stock updates on the Stock Bar thread.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:40 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

Further to my post above, A few more former dancers returned to Stock this weekend.  Both Vinny and Fabio made appearances.  Additionally Hayden (who previously danced for the ladies at Club 281) danced at Stock on both Wednesday and Saturday.  So slowly but surely the former dancers are returning.  

I guess I'll post any future Stock updates on the Stock Bar thread.

Mmmm, Fabio…

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’ve meandered through The Village a few times over the past 3 weeks and the showing in terms of the stage and, more importantly IMO, selection scene is quite poor.

Using the early 2000s as a peak (ie, 10/10) benchmark I can now be no more charitable than a 2/10 net rating. The effort of 4 establishments open at once on certain nights … Campus, Stock, Expose, Taboo seems simply unsustainable.

I am not prepared to camp out for full evenings and every night in the hopes of ‘coming’ (pun intended) upon what these days would amount to a unicorn. If you are accustomed to the heyday standard, save your airfare. Perhaps it will improve a bit if and when visiting Americans add to clientele volume. 

Edited by SirBIllybob
Did not edit

1 hour ago, SirBIllybob said:

The effort of 4 establishments open at once on certain nights … Campus, Stock, Expose, Taboo seems simply unsustainable.

I have maintained for several years now that, longer term, Montreal can only sustain two male strip clubs for gay clientele.  With four clubs, the business and the dancers are too dispersed.  The old Adonis  (now Expose) has closed and re-opened under new ownership and name at least three times in the last 5-6 years.  I don't know why new owners keep coming in to try and revive it.  

On your various visits, did one of the clubs seem busier than the others?   I only have a feeling for what is going on at Stock via the live cam.  Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday seem relatively busy (albeit not packed by any stretch) and Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday seem very quiet.  The lack of any foreign tourists allowed into Canada has to be hurting the bar business big time...especially during the summer.

On 7/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, SirBIllybob said:

Stock is likely a bit more stocked because livefeed subscriptions hinge on keeping the stage occupied. Apart from brief stays for a beverage at the various venues, my surveillance has included hanging around outside, people-watching with a coffee, to get a take on traffic in traffic out.

My situation is a bit unique as approaching age 70 with no SARS-CoV-2  history / recovery and 6 months into a vaccine trial … I received true doses, not placebo, but the immunogenicity and its longevity remain uncertain. The dancers are not overtly serosorted, while legitimately cash-thirsty, and I don’t want to get into discussions with ones that approach but (some, not to stereotype) may be thick as shit about the topic while shouting their wackadoodle COVID belief narratives mixed with Delta variant viral aerosols into my flimsily masked face over the subwoofer volume. They are not obligated to demonstrate immunity for their role. 

If formal efficacy results have not yet come out of the trial and I am short formal vaccine certification whenever travel opens to the few destinations on my to-do list I will likely pursue an authorized regimen. The strip club reality being what it is, I am not inclined to overly rush into defection from the study in favour of formal official inoculation. 

Breaking:

The province is seriously considering the vaccine certification route for bars, clubs, restaurants etc, but likely not before September 1st. It may depend on case incidence rising again as well as evidence that cases are predominantly among the unvaccinated. I think that there would be provisions worked out for natural immunity based on infection and recovery, both that category and other reasons for vaccination exemption documented by one’s physician. 

Edited by SirBIllybob

Guest MikeThomas
On 6/21/2020 at 6:15 PM, Penn7 said:

I have to imagine Canada will want to protect itself from the bad management of Covid in the U.S. for a while longer. Hopefully Canada will let us Americans in again in 2021. I love going to @Stock Bar Montreal among other attractions :)

Actually, it’s the US that doesn’t want Canadians.  The Trudeau government badly mishandled the vaccine rollout.  They are still trying to reach acceptable levels of vaccination.

1 hour ago, MikeThomas said:

Actually, it’s the US that doesn’t want Canadians.  The Trudeau government badly mishandled the vaccine rollout.  They are still trying to reach acceptable levels of vaccination.

Apart from notions of who wants and who does not want either side entering, and reasons for vaccine uptake acceleration differences, the data as far as net full vaccination to date support this view.

The nation-specific differential is about 48% vs 40%, but Quebec at 35% is way behind about 20 states that have reached a range of 50-75%. But now it’s more about individual willingness than supply or infrastructure capacity. 

Edited by SirBIllybob