We're Here, Twin Falls on HBO

This topic is 1415 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hadn't heard of this documentary show on HBO, We're Here, until tonight

Watched Epi 2, about drag performance in Twin Falls Idaho. Loved it. There is even a straight, foxy dude in drag.

Touching and funny. I'm not a huge drag fan (never watched Drag Race) but Epi 2 was good.

p18021079_e_v11_aa.jpg

Edited by E.T.Bass

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't heard of this documentary show on HBO, We're Here, until tonight

Watched Epi 2, about drag performance in Twin Falls Idaho. Loved it. There is even a straight, foxy dude in drag.

Touching and funny. I'm not a huge drag fan (never watched Drag Race) but Epi 2 was good.

p18021079_e_v11_aa.jpg

I am with you. It is weird. I saw it advertised and I thought to myself that I can't imagine a show that I was less likely to watch. I just thought it would be contentless. Then one night I switched on during the middle of the show and I have to say that some of it was very effecting in that the characters and the people they brought on to the particular episode said things that made a lot of sense to me and which I had felt at one time or another. Also, it was not just the "queens" that were being shown but also their friends or relatives and you learn a lot about their lives. At any rate, all this, mixed with some great costumes and very good performances got me hooked. I also liked the fact that they did not try to make it as if they were bringing in Broadway but rather showed that they looked for a place in the town they were going to be in and they made it into a club they could perform in. Finally, they showed that despite the fact that all in all most people were not going to support them totally in some ways we all just realize that we don't spend a lot of time trying to understand each other.