Carb Free

keefer
This topic is 1428 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, the weeks of comfort eating have taken their toll...

I stood on the scales this morning, unaware that my husband walked up behind... only to hear him mutter "... that's it, we're back on the no-carb diet starting Monday...". I accept the fact that I can't be trusted if any flavor of Ben&Jerry's ice-cream is in the freezer (it calls to me at 3am)... I know that I'm going to start dreaming about pasta and lovely roast potatoes... and don't get me started on the fried rice...

The last time we did this we followed recipes out of Tom Kerridge's Dopamine Diet book (and the follow-up whose name escapes me)...

Besides a straight-jacket and heavy sedation - anyone have any other recommendations for sticking on a carb-free diet for long periods ?

I stood on the scales this morning, unaware that my husband walked up behind... only to hear him mutter "... that's it, we're back on the no-carb diet starting Monday...". I accept the fact that I can't be trusted if any flavor of Ben&Jerry's ice-cream is in the freezer (it calls to me at 3am)... I know that I'm going to start dreaming about pasta and lovely roast potatoes... and don't get me started on the fried rice...

The last time we did this we followed recipes out of Tom Kerridge's Dopamine Diet book (and the follow-up whose name escapes me)...

Besides a straight-jacket and heavy sedation - anyone have any other recommendations for sticking on a carb-free diet for long periods ?

Better make that Tuesday, Monday is Memorial Day, aka first BBQ of summer.

Here's another book for you to add to the Carb Free parade: The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. It's $12 bucks or so on Amazon. I've defeated my high blood sugar issues, dropped 4 sizes in my jeans and am down to what I weighed in my 30's.

Do what works for you, and don’t listen to:

F0-D3-DC74-78-A4-40-F8-B4-FE-FF449-BA47-D10.png