Is Anyone Thinking of Ship Cruising This Year

rocky
This topic is 1443 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As I lost my cruise with Celebrity in March (and not happy about what Celebrity decided to refund); but wonder, anyone thinking of going on a cruise for the rest of the year. I thought of October, but my job puts me right in the line of information regarding COVID so I'm not going to fly for the rest of year and not sure about cruising. Thoughts?

Have a Viking river cruise booked for July but getting from here to Paris/Amsterdam may be a bit of a long drive, considering the trans-Atlantic bridge ain’t even under construction yet. They did tell me I could cancel up to 24 hours before departure. LOL, seriously?

I would not book a cruise until a vaccine is widely available. What did Celebrity refund you, BTW? Did you consider getting your credit card to help? If they cancelled your trip, you should be entitled to a full refund. I would contest the charge with the credit card.

I have done a number of cruises on mid-range lines like Princess, Holland America, etc. My favourite line by far was Celebrity, particularly for the food. But I've only done one because of their exorbitant single supplement rates. While many lines have supplements of around 50% to 75%, I am usually quoted 125% to 150% by Celebrity. I dont understand how a line can justify charging more than 100% extra for a single traveler. It would be cheaper to pretend I'm traveling with someone when I book, and then just show up alone. And that, gentlemen, is my rant for the day.

Have a Viking river cruise booked for July but getting from here to Paris/Amsterdam may be a bit of a long drive, considering the trans-Atlantic bridge ain’t even under construction yet. They did tell me I could cancel up to 24 hours before departure. LOL, seriously?

Had a Viking cruise in France in Oct and cancelled it already. Dont think things will be good enough to go at that time and although able to cancel within 24 hrs my fear is also of bankruptcy and potentially being out all costs then.

As I lost my cruise with Celebrity in March (and not happy about what Celebrity decided to refund); but wonder, anyone thinking of going on a cruise for the rest of the year. I thought of October, but my job puts me right in the line of information regarding COVID so I'm not going to fly for the rest of year and not sure about cruising. Thoughts?

I have no desire to do a cruise... Cruises aren't safe IMO. I would do a private trip with a client that has his own boat or yacht, but I'm not getting on a commercial cruise cause I don't feel they are safe...