Circus Of Books

This topic is 996 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Live Tweet watch party live now #CircusOfBooks. Movie Q&A at 7PM, West coast time.

https://www.facebook.com/outfest/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARDNYYxVe50gkpyPfjL3gZd2uWi6KmmXdHcHaiAYceHx88TZYejZ6OVgZO9ddo6TkHJraBvBL0h73av3&hc_ref=ARTYtuuhN6r8xqtOHNBIp9YAk89H59ypsSl6Is2RbeFIUxLsV0RI8_jU5uw0ajBin4Y&__xts__[0]=68.ARC9r7zmyxmtNXDQNZmj_Zd62Wgx_N3vebLs4urPWqRkEibsU7zgaYcQXhu2FLrXerjPYtnLYHfeTq4nNAVzfyD-hbyCoMEIpUJg0xCBSw2IVkUP1gIxHpsETAf3AAg0sfquhsJWpw4atN1Ju7a-PCQNCndpo4JLE3BzK15Y_BljzfZk0Taxo-AYPXRAx9GJlnWQZ2ATMQSKXC4cj9Pu3IT2qcGpM0RRyCXQKQYs4NMEjlDTuakbi-sayG2XIPvjZ5VQTr169M-In5JJRKf4s0ex4K5iY3kPgAztKgszFjrZaHtyOo6gho7ItnkVT21Mk--AAIlUvsOq8o5Yd_dczCOCUtClR8c

• 3 months later...

Love this movie. (I am always late to the game). It has a very multi-layered plot that is a light lesson of 20th century American gay history and the struggles regarding the family who owns the book store that is the center of the movie. Those of a certain age I think relate to many aspects of it. It was funny how many of the VCR movie covers I had surreptitiously perused when I wasn't necessarily out. Then everything entered GRID/AIDS and I recall rubbers working their way on to the sets and dicks of the leads. Finally, it was interesting seeing of all people Jeff Stryker who shows the "action figure" version of himself and the penis that flips down. I believe that he joked that he was very happy that the size of the penis reflected its actual real life counterpart.

5667752510_8410eeff55_b.jpg

116_1000.jpghttp://cdn.gayboystube.com/galleries/4e9a4385199c0/3.jpg

Edited by TruthBTold

• 10 months later...

gee, late to the party again....

just watched it on Netflix.....I thought I'd seen it already, but I guess not since I've only had Netflix for a few months....

really well-done documentary....made by the couple's daughter......low-key vibe....includes present-day (2019) interviews with Larry Flynt and Jeff Stryker.......entirely fun to watch with a wide variety of topics and issues packed into the 90-or-so minutes

glad I got to go to the store several years ago before it closed in 2016.......

Edited by azdr0710

52 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

just watched it on Netflix.....I thought I'd seen it already, but I guess not since I've only had Netflix for a few months....

really well-done documentary....made by the couple's daughter......low-key vibe....includes present-day (2019) interviews with Larry Flynt and Jeff Stryker.......entirely fun to watch with a wide variety of topics and issues packed into the 90-or-so minutes

I remember liking the dad quite a lot.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:05 AM, azdr0710 said:

I watched this a while back and it brought back so many fun memories of that place.  I used to go every time I visited L.A. and get the magazines.  Ahhh the good old days!!!