If you were in PS now...

This topic is 1458 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'd rather have made my way out west this week! Once this pandemic is over I can't wait to get back out to Palm Springs. Who knows maybe for good this time. I'm hoping the owners and staff of Inndulge are doing okay.

Of course, I am in Palm Springs right now. It is a partly sunny day, temperature only 76 and quite windy, which makes it even cooler. Not a great day for lounging at the pool. There are no restaurants open, no bars open, no tourist sites open, no souvenir shops open, the tram to the top of the mountain is shut down, and the gay inns are closed. There are few gay guys on the streets downtown to gaze at; they can show off their bodies as much as they like, but they can't reveal their faces, because they are required to wear face masks. Altogether, you are probably better off at home.

Of course, I am in Palm Springs right now. It is a partly sunny day, temperature only 76 and quite windy, which makes it even cooler. Not a great day for lounging at the pool. There are no restaurants open, no bars open, no tourist sites open, no souvenir shops open, the tram to the top of the mountain is shut down, and the gay inns are closed. There are few gay guys on the streets downtown to gaze at; they can show off their bodies as much as they like, but they can't reveal their faces, because they are required to wear face masks. Altogether, you are probably better off at home.

I was of course assuming Coronavirus was not an issue. In my case though, I would probably be better off in Palm Springs on vacation than here in NJ working, even with a few days off.

Well at least you have pretty scenery, instead of this concrete jungle here in NYC....And, we dont have shirtless boys walking around either.... Count your blessings. ;)

You guys are killin' me now - it's 49 degrees and raining here in Portland, and I should be basking in the desert sun right now!

Actually, I don't think you would have done much basking yesterday. The sun was shining, but the wind was howling non-stop all day long. The highest gust at our house was 42mph, and it was a cold wind out of the mountains.

Actually, I don't think you would have done much basking yesterday. The sun was shining, but the wind was howling non-stop all day long. The highest gust at our house was 42mph, and it was a cold wind out of the mountains.

Still warmer than the 19 or 20 degrees here in Canberra the last few days. (That's Celsius.)