Masseurs Profile pictures

nylund
This topic is 1467 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since all our massage actions have been suspended, I am killing time browsing the sites and imagining in the not too distant future who I can hire. I can't help but notice how bad some profile pictures are. I mean that's the first impression a masseur will make on me, future potential patron, and a picture says a thousand words! So I wanna know what you guys like to see in those pictures a masseur put up to introduce himself.

For me, I wanna see:

1) A clear and recent face pic. That's the most important. No face pic, no deal. Also some masseurs use pictures from decades ago. I understand that they wanna appear younger but with the quality of phone cameras exponentially better, who are they kidding by putting up pictures from 15 years ago?

2) A couple of shirtless pictures so I will know what to expect. If the masseur has the body to flaunt it, a pic in some sexy underwear will be nice. This also is where MasseurFinder is coming up short these days but not letting the masseurs post shirtless pics.

3) Also very important is I wanna see how the massage table is set up. I wanna see a clean, comfortable, professional environment. I understand rent in SF is high and it's a luxury to have a lot of space. But it's still nice to see a table properly set up with clean sheets etc

What I don't wanna see;

1) A messy room. That implies bad hygiene and unpleasant experience. It's pretty much a deal breaker for me.

2) A million gym selfies and/or travel pics. This is not FB/Insta and not what I am looking for. Maybe they wanna project a well-traveled persona, I don't know?

Anyone wanna chime in?

I agree with all the above and would add:

1. A pleasant, friendly, welcoming facial expression. No duck lips, bad boy snarl, or anything that "tries too hard."

2. To compliment the compelling photos, I want to read text that is clear and concise with correct grammar and spelling. Granted, I'm an editor (and have done some good bartering for massages in exchange for writing/editing masseurs' ads) and perhaps pickier than most about this part of an ad; however, with all the technology available, it isn't that hard to string together a few comprehensible sentences.

Amen to the above. Pics that do not look like the masseur are awkward. One provider asked me for a review. Answered all review questions on RM honestly - and he was very offended that I said his pics did not look like him. It was AWKWARD....

I don’t mind travel pics - but a clear face with a smile is minimum requirement for me. I have noticed a ton of unkempt bearded faces. Def not my type - but then I’ll see here sometimes where someone is asking about a “hot” masseur, I click the link - and messy beard guy shows up. I am reminded not everyone is into clean cut like me.

The LA providers are guys I can usually spot before looking at location. While often beautiful, most look like they are only here because the acting thing isn’t working out. Glamour shots usually indicate someone is not well trained. Not always, but I have a good track record at sorting them out:)

That's a thing? Sign me up!

I don't know whether it's "a thing" or not; however, just in the course of conversation with some of these guys--once I've seen them a time or two and we've become somewhat familiar--I've mentioned my profession and offered to edit or even write copy for their ad(s) and Web site(s), if they have the latter. The best of these deals lasted for two years. The masseur had terrific skills and also offered "manscaping," at which he was superb. He was hot as a firecracker, too. I wound up creating a new resume for him and it helped him land a new job in the oil-and-gas industry. Fortunate for him and unfortunate for me!

Amen to the above. Pics that do not look like the masseur are awkward. One provider asked me for a review. Answered all review questions on RM honestly - and he was very offended that I said his pics did not look like him. It was AWKWARD....

I don’t mind travel pics - but a clear face with a smile is minimum requirement for me. I have noticed a ton of unkempt bearded faces. Def not my type - but then I’ll see here sometimes where someone is asking about a “hot” masseur, I click the link - and messy beard guy shows up. I am reminded not everyone is into clean cut like me.

The LA providers are guys I can usually spot before looking at location. While often beautiful, most look like they are only here because the acting thing isn’t working out. Glamour shots usually indicate someone is not well trained. Not always, but I have a good track record at sorting them out:)

So true about the LA glamor shots observation. I always wonder, does everyone in LA have a portfolio of them? LOL How awesome though if the masseur is dreamy and yet has great skills, both therapeutic and sensual

I don't know whether it's "a thing" or not; however, just in the course of conversation with some of these guys--once I've seen them a time or two and we've become somewhat familiar--I've mentioned my profession and offered to edit or even write copy for their ad(s) and Web site(s), if they have the latter. The best of these deals lasted for two years. The masseur had terrific skills and also offered "manscaping," at which he was superb. He was hot as a firecracker, too. I wound up creating a new resume for him and it helped him land a new job in the oil-and-gas industry. Fortunate for him and unfortunate for me!

Here's an example of a RM provider who needs some editorial assistance with his ad copy:

New handsome boy I have 3 years experience as a massage therapist so I will know how to work with you. Consider yourself in good hands with me.

In Sports, Relax and Deep Tissue Massage. So unless specified, always use firm touch and some good stretching.

I can work at the table or in bed. I know how to work for the comfort of massage.

Back in college I reached out to a bunch of providers to offer them photo shoots. I didn't even want to trade for massage, I just needed to add photos to my portfolio and thought it could help them market themselves. I was amazed at how many of them felt like the photos didn't matter at all (as long as they could show a pic of their dick to the client.) *shrug*

I definitely like to see an array of clear pics, for me face pics are super important but its nice if they show I’m a big guys so as long as you look strong and have a good physique I’ll be happy.. but definitely agree on the table and proper set up I hate going to a masseur and they don’t have good equipment

I definitely like to see an array of clear pics, for me face pics are super important but its nice if they show I’m a big guys so as long as you look strong and have a good physique I’ll be happy.. but definitely agree on the table and proper set up I hate going to a masseur and they don’t have good equipment

I agree. I always like my masseurs to have good equipment :)

Does masseurfinder even allow shirtless pics? I don't think so.

Nope. Masseurfinder is G rated. No shirtless photos and squeaky clean ad text. One of my masseurs posted a photo in a skimpy tank top and they rejected it because it was to "revealing." Tank tops are allowed, but not to skimpy. He was warned if he submitted any other "inproper" photos he would be booted off the site.

Here's an example of a RM provider who needs some editorial assistance with his ad copy:

New handsome boy I have 3 years experience as a massage therapist so I will know how to work with you. Consider yourself in good hands with me.

In Sports, Relax and Deep Tissue Massage. So unless specified, always use firm touch and some good stretching.

I can work at the table or in bed. I know how to work for the comfort of massage.

lol@3yearexperience-so-I-Know... Like WTF ??

Back in college I reached out to a bunch of providers to offer them photo shoots. I didn't even want to trade for massage, I just needed to add photos to my portfolio and thought it could help them market themselves. I was amazed at how many of them felt like the photos didn't matter at all (as long as they could show a pic of their dick to the client.) *shrug*

Right!? You'd think they care more about the content of their ads. The importance of first impression. I am kind of hoping some masseurs will be reading this thread and improve their profile pages, not just pictures but also the text of the introduction.

Seems to me this guy is not a native speaker of English...I actually find his ad quite charming.