Any good Netflix watches?

Guest MikeThomas

Has anyone watched Episodes? It is already 3 or 4 seasons but I wondered if it was any good? It is a comedy.

It was originally on HBO or Showtime. Can't remember. Excellent show Matt Leblanc plays a somewhat alternate universe Matt Leblanc character. Very funny.

The two Brits are very well established and regarded actors in the UK.

It was originally on HBO or Showtime. Can't remember. Excellent show Matt Leblanc plays a somewhat alternate universe Matt Leblanc character. Very funny.

The two Brits are very well established and regarded actors in the UK.

Thanks. I had watched the first episode and because it was three or four seasons I definitely wanted to see if I should go on. Thank you for the confirmation. The first episode was really funny and as you say the main British actors are really good and funny. I shall binge on. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Seaspiracy

Apparently it's quite hard hitting.

I've heard it was financed partly by a vegan charity, not sure if that is true.

Also some who have watched it have given up eating fish.

I suppose a similar documentary on the animal/meat farming industry and abattoirs would have a very similar effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I began watching the first few episodes (5) of a Norwegian series titled Occupied.  It takes place in the near future when the U.S. has become fossil fuel independent and Norway decides to shut down most, if not all, of its oil drilling.  This causes Russia to occupy Norway to try to force the government to reopen its oil fields to supply oil to Russia.  Russia's actions are supported surprisingly by the European Union.  This leaves the Norwegian people to feel more and more "occupied."  I have enjoyed it so far. 

On 4/15/2021 at 7:19 PM, Cash4Trash said:

My Octopus Teacher on Netflix is well worth watching. Nominated for best documentary.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/my-octopus-teacher-craig-foster-feature-news-1234734693/

I watched it and next day saw big octopus tentacles for sale at the grocery and cringed.

I think it's the UK that has declared them highly salient and therefore protected. 

51 minutes ago, Rod Hagen said:

I'm finally watching Halt And Catch Fire.  Shit title (yes I know what it means), great show!

Lee Pace is so sexy

Lee-Pace.jpg

265843_v9_bb.jpg

And he's gay!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/style/gay-actors-on-broadway-lee-pace.html

Really?  Not the "So sexy" part but the gay part.  Never knew that.  Only knew he and I were not married or even fucked before.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:19 AM, TruthBTold said:

I began watching the first few episodes (5) of a Norwegian series titled Occupied.  It takes place in the near future when the U.S. has become fossil fuel independent and Norway decides to shut down most, if not all, of its oil drilling.  This causes Russia to occupy Norway to try to force the government to reopen its oil fields to supply oil to Russia.  Russia's actions are supported surprisingly by the European Union.  This leaves the Norwegian people to feel more and more "occupied."  I have enjoyed it so far. 

Occupied is very dumb, gets dumber, and is really fun.  Enjoy it :-)

Two WW2-era British-made spy dramas each good in their own way  - both Netflix

TRAITORS  6ep series

and

RED JOAN  Film w Judi Dench from book based on real spy

—————

GROWING with Amy Schumer (Netflix stand-up special)

followed by 

EXPECTING AMY (HBO Doc about Amy Schumer and her extremely difficult pregnancy and the work she did throughout it, especially the show made into that special)

If you don’t like her you probably won’t enjoy either but the doc on HBO should be required watching for every male person. 

Bo Burnham's Inside is very good and I'm really enjoying This Is Pop,  a series about various eras of pop music. #1) Boyz To Men and the rise of boy bands 2) Autotune and it's impact on the industry 3) Dominance of Swedish producers in the business, etc. 

• 1 month later...

Masters of the Universe (Netflix): well, He-Man isn't in it much, it's more female-centric on new character Teela (voice by Buffy's Sarah Michelle Gellar). I watched all 5 episodes and found Teela too pouty to ever like, but the show overall had some adult nuance to the characters and dialogue that quite surprised me, especially comments made by Evil Lyn (GoT's Lena Headey/Cersei).

Alas, I miss that steroidal, tan, blond muscular guy showing off his body all the time in a sexy harness and loincloth, but I'll stay tuned to see what bodies are bared in the next season. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 7:22 PM, JoeMendoza said:

I haven't been on Netflix for a while, but good lord, Adam Demos from Sex/Life is making me binge watch the series...or maybe just keep time marker 19:50 in episode 3 on repeat.

image-1625071925.jpgadam-demos-falling-inn-love.jpg?quality=screenshot15.jpg

I was doing some follow-up research on this Netflix series on AZNude Men and I discovered that Adam has 2 insect tattoos...it does not look permanent as the tattoos are nowhere to be found on the other scenes, but was it part of an episode? Has he always had it but just covered with a concealer? 

adam_demos_ea223d.jpg

On 11/18/2020 at 12:42 PM, leeper said:

I watch Netflix while I'm on the treadmill so my choices are usually light, comedic series. I just started "House of Flowers" which is a Mexican telenovela that has everything from drag, strippers, infidelity, suicide, a trans character, marijuana, nosy neighbors, and a very cute gay son who claims to be bi and shows his his backside every now and then. And this is only by episode 6 of the three-season series. Each episode is only about 25 or 26 minutes long so I can generally get two episodes in while I'm on the treadmill each morning.

This series has it all… and I’m only on epi 4 of season 1. Zany and fun! No idea where it’s going. And the short epis make it easy to watch.