This site crashing

RealAvalon
This topic is 1477 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

That was my first thought, so I looked for updates and did a boot scan as well as a complete regular scan. Still glitching.

What are you using to browse? Is it up to date?

Computer specs?

Internet speed?

@RealAvalon , @Benjamin_Nicholas asked some very good questions to diagnose the problem. I noticed you didn't answer them. So, it becomes difficult to provide further help.

I often help friends diagnose computer problems and what helps me the most is if they tell me if there is an actual error message, what happens when it crashes, does this happen when you are visiting other websites where you spend a lot of time reading or browsing...

You can always take your computer to a local computer store where can diagnose on site... Best of luck!

Is this site crashing constantly for anyone else?

I don't know what time zone you're in. But it seems consistently that around 4AM EDT, some form of maintenance occurs and the site is not accessible for about 10 mins

I don't know what time zone you're in. But it seems consistently that around 4AM EDT, some form of maintenance occurs and the site is not accessible for about 10 mins

The site owner commented on this in another forum and explained that is when the automated backups occur. In order to get a consistent snapshot of the database, it needs to be held unchanged while that's done. The backups used to happen at 3am eastern, but there were enough west coast users still active that after being barraged by comments, it was moved an hour later.

The site owner commented on this in another forum and explained that is when the automated backups occur. In order to get a consistent snapshot of the database, it needs to be held unchanged while that's done. The backups used to happen at 3am eastern, but there were enough west coast users still active that after being barraged by comments, it was moved an hour later.

I suspected it was something sensible

@RealAvalon , @Benjamin_Nicholas asked some very good questions to diagnose the problem. I noticed you didn't answer them. So, it becomes difficult to provide further help.

I often help friends diagnose computer problems and what helps me the most is if they tell me if there is an actual error message, what happens when it crashes, does this happen when you are visiting other websites where you spend a lot of time reading or browsing...

You can always take your computer to a local computer store where can diagnose on site... Best of luck!

Re-re-reupdated the browser, and seems to have fixed the problem.