DVD/Blu-Ray

This topic is 1480 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is there any rhyme or reason as to if or when cable companies might release their series on to DVD or Blu-Ray. For instance, I have been buying Curb Your Enthusiasm for years but have been looking to purchase High Maintenance at some point but it never appears. It is the same for other series. Any info?

Am wondering if in this age of streaming, many consider dvds/blu-rays to be a thing of the past? Will be moving soon and am really considering if I want to pack and store my extensive collection of cds/and dvds as almost everything now is streamable. It might be why you are not seeing certain series being released?

Am wondering if in this age of streaming, many consider dvds/blu-rays to be a thing of the past? Will be moving soon and am really considering if I want to pack and store my extensive collection of cds/and dvds as almost everything now is streamable. It might be why you are not seeing certain series being released?

That is probably true. However I guess they think that no one watches the extras that are usually included (like the directors/actors commentaries or the "Making Of" portions). That is too bad because they are really informative.

I keep up a Netflix DVD subscription (2 out at a time) in addition to my Netflix streaming. When I see a movie released that interests me I immediately add it to my Netflix Queue, even with no release date for the film on DVD. Sooner or later everything I want to see shows up in my mailbox. So BluRay, extras, I get it all with some waiting and patience. I have not bought a DVD in a looooooong time.

I keep up a Netflix DVD subscription (2 out at a time) in addition to my Netflix streaming. When I see a movie released that interests me I immediately add it to my Netflix Queue, even with no release date for the film on DVD. Sooner or later everything I want to see shows up in my mailbox. So BluRay, extras, I get it all with some waiting and patience. I have not bought a DVD in a looooooong time.

I quit my Netflix DVD subscription for economic reasons a little while back. My sister was kind enough to put me as a user on her streaming Netflix subscription, While you definitely can get certain things the DVD subscription is so much better (I think). I had 500 DVDs in my queue and while a few you can get on streaming many you can't (particularly older movies directed by very established directors, like Rossellini, Visconti, Fellini, de Sica - that crowd). So I will do like you do. Go back to DVD subscription and keep my sister's offered link.