How are you staying in shape?

KeepItReal
This topic is 1091 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am afraid that staying indoors so much during this time of isolation, (along with the inevitable snacking) is going to turn me into a whale of a guy! May even impact my immune system...

How are you staying in shape with gyms closed and public parks too crowded?

There are a bunch of Instagram celebrities offering advice. And paid coaching. Or maybe join a service for at home exercise like Obe fitness? Some of those guys are really cute too!! ?

I don't like the idea of Peloton which requires expensive equipment and a hefty monthly fee.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in a condo on the third floor of an older building (built in 1926). I guess I could walk up and down the front stairs but that would be really annoying to the other residents. Our floors squeak so not sure how much walking I could do in my unit without driving the downstairs neighbors mad. Any other urban dwellers got ideas.

Thanks

A personal trainer lives in my building and has his private gym a couple blocks away I'm thinking asking him if I can use his gym or if he'll train with me. There is a small fitness center in my condo building but the HVAC sucks and the equipment is older but beats nothing. I also live a couple blocks away from a metropark and have been walking there a couple times and hopefully they don'[t close like our city parks but unfortunately it's still cold here. If this continues I'll bike when it warms up.

I belong to the Y and see they have some online courses you can do at home. May check that out, as well.

If you are in an urban area just try walking. I'm eating healthier now though, not going out to eat like I was befoer and making low calorie stuff at home.

Yes the Y and a number of other gyms are putting out videos for people to help with this issue. Some them do not necessarily mean that they are noisy so can be done in condo/apt. Lucky I can get out my back yard and do a 5 Km loop and meet very few people.

I am sticking to my old workout regime, BUT I have reduced my weights to 80% of previous level to avoid injury. I don't want to strain or pull a muscle at this time when it will be unlikely to see a doctor and elective procedures have been cancelled.

My tennis club is still open; the courts are outdoors, it an easy sport in which to stay 6 ft apart, and the only equipment that ever gets touched by other players is the tennis balls. So far we are still being allowed to play, and this morning I had a really invigorating 2 hour doubles match. I would think that golf has the same advantages, but some golf courses are being closed by the owners. I also have private courts at our HOA community, on which I can practice my serve if I have no one to play with. My 84 year old spouse, whose gym is closed, is having fun mapping out 3 mile walks, which he now does every other day.

She actually moved on to the more modern VHS tapes before petering out. I never owned them, but I was a Eric Nies fan from MTV's Grind workout. I don't remember his name, but the hunky black guy in the videos with him was who I really had my eyes on!

I was in LOVE with Eric Nies. He was the cutest dude. Such a crush. Thanks for the memories...

I was in LOVE with Eric Nies. He was the cutest dude. Such a crush. Thanks for the memories...

I probably owe this man some money for all the jizz he got out of me over the years....

eric-nies-feet-8-photos-001.jpg