Men with older brothers more likely to be gay

Trebor
This topic is 1490 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest about it, it was my older brother who introduced me to sex with other guys when we were young teens. I would have gladly continued to enjoy playing around with him but he decided girls were better for fucking. He never fucked me but we would engage in oral and he would jump on my thighs or ass until he came.

Would older cousins count? Was as close as brothers with the cousin (both of us twelve) who introduced masturbation and eventually mutual.

Then moved on to other cousins most of whom (including the one as close as a brother) either turned straight or started / were already living a straight life -- marrying a women, begetting a child, etc.

Anyone see this new story posted on the NBC website? Certainly true in my case;):D What do you think???

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/men-older-brothers-are-more-likely-be-gay-study-suggests-n1165201

I checked the date on this post. Actually, this is a scientific fact that's been known for years. Has been brought up on these forums previously. Even the mechanism is known. Of course, there are gay oldest brothers, but they're just more rare. This article's from 2017:

https://www.pnas.org/content/115/2/234

Edited by Unicorn

I don’t agree with the premise in that article. I would argue that Freud, as unfashionable as he is these days said it all about the causes of homosexuality. I accept that in the case of 2 brothers a younger brother is likely to be gay because of being the “baby” of the family. I’m an only child another classic situation. This reasoning is often dismissed as psycho babble but so be it. I hope this does not provoke an unseemly debate as some people feel strongly about the issue of causation and nature v nurture and I would agree it is a rather academic argument. We have come a very long way in my lifetime and long may it continue.

Edited by sydneyboy

I don’t agree with the premise in that article. I would argue that Freud, as unfashionable as he is these days said it all about the causes of homosexuality. I accept that in the case of 2 brothers a younger brother is likely to be gay because of being the “baby” of the family....

So you disagree with the evidence presented in the link on post #19: "Bogaert et al. (3) present direct biochemical evidence indicating that the increased incidence of homosexuality in males with older brothers results from a progressive immunization of the mother against a male-specific cell-adhesion protein that plays a key role in cell–cell interactions, specifically in the process of synapse formation, during development called neuroligin 4 Y-linked, or NLGN4Y. This study provides the first data-based explanation for the FBO effect and adds a significant chapter to growing evidence indicating that sexual orientation is heavily influenced by prenatal biological mechanisms rather than by unidentified factors in socialization."

On what basis (in other words, what evidence) do you disagree with the scientific study? (By the way, there are other studies showing similar data) Or do you just believe whatever feels right to you, and ignore scientific inquiry into a subject?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JMJoqDEBsW0/Tksf8WIazeI/AAAAAAAAAgk/Gbhp0wSZ1D8/s1600/web-UCScalendar-2012-ScientificTruthPauls2011.jpg