Blatino Oasis postponed til Oct... Cancelled UPDATE: Moved to April 2021

Boy4
This topic is 1437 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

NEW DATE FOR BLATINO OASIS FINAL EDITION

POSPONED UNTIL OCTOBER 2-4, 2020

Dear Blatino Oasis Friends and Supporters,

After careful consideration and expert recommendations from HHS/CDC, WHO, California Public Health Departments, and an abundance of caution and concern for the health and wellbeing of our community, we are postponing the final Blatino Oasis until October 2-4, 2020. All passes will be transferred to these dates.

For those of you who are unable to attend during the rescheduled dates, and purchased your tickets via Ticketstripe, refunds are available by contacting me directly at joehawkins777@gmail.com.

All rooms booked at CCBC resort hotel will be transferred to the October 2-4 dates, unless you choose to cancel. If you choose to cancel or have questions about your room, please do not call. There is a huge backup due to this public health crisis.

Please email ccbc@ccbcresort.com and a CCBC representative will get back with you.

This is an unprecedented moment in the history of Blatino Oasis and a serious health crisis globally.

This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and CDC will provide updated information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance. Click here for updates. The government is taking steps to provide expedited testing kits to local health officials and hopefully by the time October comes, you all will have an opportunity to be screened and/or treated for COVID-19.

We appreciate your patience and we hope to see you all in October.

Wishing you health and wellness.

Joe Hawkins

www.blatinooasis.com

• 1 month later...

FINAL BLATINO OASIS CANCELED FOR 2020 MOVED TO 2021

Most people intuitively understand that it is better to prevent a health emergency than to avoid it and have to deal with the consequences later.

Blatino Oasis was among the very first events to postpone due to what was quickly becoming a health crisis in America. As the CEO and co-founder of an LGBTQ community center that is doing work in the public health arena, I am very clear that we as black and brown gay and bisexual men are already being hit hard by HIV, crystal meth, and anal cancer.

I won’t contribute to more poor health outcomes by attempting to produce and event, just for the sake of a party and potentially expose people to COVID-19.

African Americans represent 13.4% of the U.S. population, according to the Census Bureau, but counties with higher black populations account for more than half of all Covid-19 cases and almost 60% of deaths. This is unacceptable.

As a result of the growing body of evidence showing that black and brown bodies are being disproportionately and negatively impacted by COVID-19, and until at least more testing and treatment options are made available in our communities, I am canceling the final Blatino Oasis postponed until October 2020 and rescheduling it for April 30-May 2, 2021.

I want to thank you all for your support and all passes purchased in 2020 will be switched to 2021.

Please check with CCBC regarding any changes for your hotel reservations.