French Dispatch

wklukas
This topic is 1531 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The plot summary in IMDB: "A love letter to journalists set in an outpost of an American newspaper in a fictional 20th-century French city that brings to life a collection of stories published in "The French Dispatch" magazine.". Maybe it's just been a long day, but I cannot make sense of that summary.

The plot summary in IMDB: "A love letter to journalists set in an outpost of an American newspaper in a fictional 20th-century French city that brings to life a collection of stories published in "The French Dispatch" magazine.". Maybe it's just been a long day, but I cannot make sense of that summary.

Based on the trailer/description it looks like the Bill Murray section in the newspaper office is the "frame story" with three stories from the "French Dispatch:" "The Concrete Story" by Tilda Swinton's character apparently about a prison artist; "Revisions to a Manifesto" by Francis McDormand's character about young Marxist revolutionaries; "The Private Dining Room of the Commissioner" by Jefferey Wright's character about some kind of amazing chef who works for a police department somehow and also relates to some sort of kidnapping. I think the black and white portions may be the sections that are part of the "stories" and the color sections the main frame story, which perhaps connects all the stories together somehow.

That's my interpretation anyway. Definitely a lot going on. But looks good in that Wes Anderson sort of way.