Buying Truvada abroad

RyanRiley38
This topic is 1531 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi, everyone.

Not sure if this is the spot for this question, but since you all are travelers you might know something about this:

I've spent the last couple years in the UK, working for a uni. I had been buying prep in generic form from an online pharmacy, and then getting tested and such through the NHS. (This is standard for everyone in England on prep and not involved in the big drug trial.) But, it can be expensive and so I bought a couple bottles of Truvada from an NHS worker at a clinic. Yes, not exactly kosher, but I did it.

Anyway, I opened the first bottle and immediately noticed that the pills look identical to the Truvada sold in the US, but without the 701 stamp on the back. My question is, does some Truvada lack the 701 stamp? My mind immediately went to some sort of counterfeit, though the bottles look fine and were sealed. Thanks.

We can all agree that this little blue pill is incredibly important, so without that 701 stamped on it and the GILEAD imprint on the other side, I wouldn't consider yourself covered. Exercise caution.

Here's the white sheet for PrEP, giving you a slew of info on the different variances of Truvada:

https://www.gilead.com/-/media/736839e6330640e58f0d73f518c9abaf.ashx

Hi, everyone.

Not sure if this is the spot for this question, but since you all are travelers you might know something about this:

I've spent the last couple years in the UK, working for a uni. I had been buying prep in generic form from an online pharmacy, and then getting tested and such through the NHS. (This is standard for everyone in England on prep and not involved in the big drug trial.) But, it can be expensive and so I bought a couple bottles of Truvada from an NHS worker at a clinic. Yes, not exactly kosher, but I did it.

Anyway, I opened the first bottle and immediately noticed that the pills look identical to the Truvada sold in the US, but without the 701 stamp on the back. My question is, does some Truvada lack the 701 stamp? My mind immediately went to some sort of counterfeit, though the bottles look fine and were sealed. Thanks.

At your university you can't get it tested?