Pic Posting (my own) ... Need Help!

Guest LeonTrotsky
This topic is 1440 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest LeonTrotsky

People --

I know that there are other threads on this topic and I have tried to read them all, but I am having a techno-breakdown here.

Briefly, I am trying to post a picture (my very own!) to a thread in the gallery... I tried a dropbox link and I tried a google drive link, but none of them work. It is a file that resides on my own computer and, as far as I know, exists nowhere else on the internet (so far, haha).

Any suggestion? If someone knows how to do this I am happy to send the pic file to you to try!

Thanks

I consider myself relatively tech savvy and I've been challenged as well. I'm used to directly uploading an image from my computer or mobile device. I've tried copying and pasting but that doesn't work. I just downloaded Imgur, uploaded my test pic, copied the URL, and tried to insert it using the image icon in the toolbar and got the "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator." It shouldn't be this difficult.

• 1 month later...
I consider myself relatively tech savvy and I've been challenged as well. I'm used to directly uploading an image from my computer or mobile device. I've tried copying and pasting but that doesn't work. I just downloaded Imgur, uploaded my test pic, copied the URL, and tried to insert it using the image icon in the toolbar and got the "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator." It shouldn't be this difficult.

I have the same issue. It should not be this difficult to post an image. I use imgur and might get lucky one in 20 attempts to post an image. Same error message “something went wrong” it would be helpful to know what went wrong so the user can attempt to fix it. There has to be a simpler way to post an image without this frustration.

I have the same issue. It should not be this difficult to post an image. I use imgur and might get lucky one in 20 attempts to post an image. Same error message “something went wrong” it would be helpful to know what went wrong so the user can attempt to fix it. There has to be a simpler way to post an image without this frustration.

I often have that problem in Android but almost never in Windows.

Thanks @RJD . I rarely post something that's only on my computer, but of the many posts on this topic, this is the first one that I remember actually specifying a good pic hosting site to use (https://postimage.org/ )

No problem. It works for pics from the internet as well. I do most of my pic searches on my phone. When I find one I want to use, I save the image to my photos and choose that photo to upload. If it’s something you don’t want to remain on your phone you can always delete it. I haven’t done it on a desktop yet, but I think you right click the image, choose “copy link address,” and paste into the postimage.org site. Happy posting!