I Wasn't Impressed By Most Of The LIV Super Bowl Ads

Gar1eth
This topic is 1540 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I haven't watched the Super Bowl in years. I (semi) watched last night-had my face in a Kindle reading

much of the time-as my buddy the Chief's quarterback Patrick Mahomes is from Texas and from my university. That practically makes us kissing cousins.

So I didn't have my full attention on the TV. But I was not impressed at all by most of the ads. I thought the Alexis ad was cute. There may have been one or two others that I thought were ok. But I was pretty much underwhelmed. Oh and I thought that the Google ad with the widower tagging things to do with his dead wife was sad.

Gman

I loved the NFL’s own lead anniversary commercial that bled into live opening...

Unfortunately I missed that

I dipped in and out of the broadcast, but I found many of the ads that I saw hard to understand; in fact, sometimes I couldn't even figure out what was being advertised. The game was much easier to follow.

My Mom and I felt the same way.

Gman

I dipped in and out of the broadcast, but I found many of the ads that I saw hard to understand; in fact, sometimes I couldn't even figure out what was being advertised. The game was much easier to follow.

I think the pressure of being a super bowl ad has pushed them to be more creative, unique, and not be straight forward advertising. I don't think it's a bad thing, and like it myself, but I can see others feeling the same way, as well as myself a couple times.

Loved the running joke about laundry later through several commercials.

The automatic CaH Pahk ad with the Bostonians was pretty funny. The google ad was melancholy but I liked it. I guess I could identify with wanting to recall details of my wife. Ground Hog day was a fun take off of the movie considering it was Ground Hog Day. I did not find any of the ads terrible and most were enjoyable diversions almost like clips from Tik Tok.