Ft. lauderdale

Antonio1981

I am planning my first trip to Florida - Ft. Lauderdale. Would appreciate any hotel or resort recommendations, clubs, restaurants, etc.

Ideally planning for a 5 day stay and interested in a clean, updated (upscale) gay resort. Clothing optional resort is ideal.

Very unfamiliar with Florida, so any ideas on what to do would be appreciated.

For resorts - my first choice is Pineapple Point. It is clean, has a great staff, and a tropical feeling. It has a small gym (I haven't used it) and they have a couple of massage rooms.

http://www.pineapplepoint.com/

My other first choice is Cabanas. (I alternate between the two on my visits.) It has a full service spa with massage, facials, waxing, and nail services.

https://thecabanasguesthouse.com/

A few years back, I stayed at The Worthington Resort, located about 3 blocks from Lauderdale Beach. It was reasonable, with a sort of 50's retro motif. I recall there were 2 pools, which were clothing optional. The overall vibe was pretty good--friendly people; I wouldn't consider it upscale. You're not too far from Las Olas Blvd, which has lots of shops and restaurants. I didn't do any clubbing while I was in FtL. However I did spend a sunny Sunday afternoon at Club Fort Lauderdale--a very nice + clean gay bathhouse with an awesome outdoor pool. The Club has well-equipped gym and a steamy shower area + a very hot (temperature-wise) steamroom. There are lots of cubicles and play areas inside the club, but I like the outside aspect to lay out in the sun & flirt with guys.

https://theworthington.com/

https://www.clubftl.com/

Since you're gonna be in South Florida, you really should check out Miami Beach. South Beach is good for eye candy; Lincoln Road is a great place to sit back and watch the calientos saunter by. But by far, my fave place is Haulover Beach--one of the largest nude beaches in the US. On weekends it can be packed. It's mixed, but you can definitely feel the gay vibe:}} It's worth the trip down from FtL.

Have fun & don't forget the sunblock!

I was in FTL in Oct. Stayed at Cabanas

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/ft-lauderdale-resorts.152133/#post-1808635

I'd encourage the OP to research PP and Cabanas online. I chose Cabanas after seeing an online video room tour of a PP single.... not my style. That said, my Cabanas King wasnt quite as nice as the one on their website either.

The friends I visited in FTL told me PP is nicer of two.

Edited by LaffingBear

• 11 months later...

My favorite gay hotel in Ft Lauderdale is the Worthington. It's very clean and comfortable, even if it's not "luxury". Friendly guys and 3 pools and 2 hot tubs and to the vacation experience, as the Worthington has more rooms than the other gay clothing optional hotels in Ft Lauderdale.

If you want upscale clothing optional close to the gay nightlife, Ed Lugo Resort can't be beat. Large, luxurious suites converted from former single family homes. The fewer than 10 rooms share a large salt water pool that is clothing optional. Literally a half block away from Johnson's, Alibi, the Pub, which is the center of gay nightlife in Wilton Manors (city just north of Ft Lauderdale)

• 1 month later...

I may be different but I like the historic and fancy Riverside Hotel on the main dining drag of Las Olas downtown. 4.5 star with valets etc and big rooms. Historic buildings of 1st houses in FtL and canal with yachts adjoining. Plenty of fine NYC type restaurants in the block. 10 minutes to beach or Boardwalk bar. Amazingly low rates for the quality, especially on discounters and HotelTonight etc.

I like to go to the beach and still feel like a city boy.

I really like the Grand next to the Worthington.

I used to love the Royal Palms a couple blocks away. Used to be all men and had a really fun bar with food at the pool. But now it's mixed and last time I was there was more straight women than gay guys.

With the Grand or Worthingon you have to uber it to Wilton Manor but I like being closer to the beach. There's a martini bar (not gay) by the Galleria that is walking distance I love called Blue Martini. I like going there for a couple cocktails and a late dinner and then walk it off by walking back to my hotel and then changing and going to Wilton Manor.

Haha. I remember nights at the Black Eagle in Ftl when it would be raining like a monsoon. It was great fun in the back bar which was essentially a covered patio with plastic over wire fencing walls. With the wind the water would pour in and the half naked clients (and bartenders) would cavort in the puddles.

The bartenders would often join in the fun. I remember one in particular, a tall slim guy with an enormous cock, who would let me service him. Such memories.

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning my first trip to Florida - Ft. Lauderdale. Would appreciate any hotel or resort recommendations, clubs, restaurants, etc.

Ideally planning for a 5 day stay and interested in a clean, updated (upscale) gay resort. Clothing optional resort is ideal.

Very unfamiliar with Florida, so any ideas on what to do would be appreciated.

Any hotel on the beach is good. If you’re looking for more of the gay resorts, The Worthington, The Grand Resort, are both right on the beach. Pineapple Point is tucked away from everything in Victoria Park, which is one of my favorite neighborhood in all of FTL so it’s quiet. The Cabanas are closer to Wlton Manors which is the gayborhood with all the bars and restaurants. If you’re gonna stay by the beach or even not, I’d suggest for food Casablanca. Also Coconuts which isn’t too far from there and it’s on the water. The food there is really good, as well as the drinks. Greek Islands Taverna which is closer to Lauderdale By the Sea which is delicious, as well as Ethos is Wilton. Both restaurants make really good greek inspired food. Rosie’s is a casual gay dining burger type place, sorta like Hamburger Mary’s if you’ve ever been there. I hope this gives you a little help of what to choose from. I live here in Fort Lauderdale as well, and these are some of my favorite places.

• 1 year later...

The Worthington has been bought by new investors.  While it is still a clothing optional gay men's hotel, the changes are noticeable.  Room prices are all upwards of $400, where they used to be $200 in 2019.  Housekeeping no longer offered every day.  Prices at the vending machines tripled.  Now charges for parking.  Really nickel and dime the customers.

For my upcoming February trip, I'm staying at the Big Coconut Guesthouse (I've stayed there once before), and Fantasy Island Inn in Wilton Manors.  While neither property is as large as the Worthington, I am still afforded the opportunity to be naked outdoors in a pool, and a much closer location to the gay bars and strip clubs.  At Fantasy Island Inn, I'll be walking to Johnson's and Alibi most every night, which is a plus because parking is limited on weekends.