Man accused of trying to pay prostitute with hamburger.

Walker1
This topic is 1537 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ok, looks like it was an undercover sting operation. The man riding his bicycle said he had no cash and the prostitute/under cover officer looked at his hamburger and asked if he would offer that. The man agreed and was arrested and the said hamburger was tagged into evidence.

I mean this is what police are paid to do-along with generous pensions and healthcare?

https://wgntv.com/2020/02/01/man-accused-of-trying-to-pay-prostitute-with-hamburger-caught-in-police-sting-tmw/

What was Wimpy's favorite saying?

His best-known catchphrase started in 1931 as, "Cook me up a hamburger. I'll pay you Tuesday." In 1932, this then became the famous, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." Rough House explains why Wimpy is able to get away with this tactic in one strip, stating that "He never comes around on Tuesday".

Ok, looks like it was an undercover sting operation. The man riding his bicycle said he had no cash and the prostitute/under cover officer looked at his hamburger and asked if he would offer that. The man agreed and was arrested and the said hamburger was tagged into evidence.

I mean this is what police are paid to do-along with generous pensions and healthcare?

Friends in Albuquerque, where this occurred, tell me the police do not have generous pensions. However, ABQ has problems that won't be solved by approaching a guy on a bike and offering to sell him sex in exchange for a burger.

Friends in Albuquerque, where this occurred, tell me the police do not have generous pensions. However, ABQ has problems that won't be solved by approaching a guy on a bike and offering to sell him sex in exchange for a burger.

Was it a Wagyu burger at least?

Seriously, there’s a real question about what constitutes intent: To the lawyers here: If the guy had expressed a desire to hire the prostitute but then realized he had no cash and said he changed his mind, has he committed a crime?

Was it a Wagyu burger at least?

Seriously, there’s a real question about what constitutes intent: To the lawyers here: If the guy had expressed a desire to hire the prostitute but then realized he had no cash and said he changed his mind, has he committed a crime?

I suspect that the crime was soliciting, which was committed when the agreement was reached.

But this story illustrates the ludicrous enforcement of stupid, puritanical laws and what local police departments do to justify their budgets and what prosecutors do to claim they are “tough in crime” at election time. “Vote for me for District Attorney! I prosecuted the burger fucker!”

It would be funny if the consequence of driving sex workers underground weren’t so tragic. Decriminalization is not a vote-getter in today’s America.