SIGNS OF BROKE CLIENTS

bendable2019
This topic is 1555 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

During my 15 years of doing massage, I have found the following to be true of irritating and time wastage clients:

1. First thing they ask is whether the masseur takes credit cards; when provided with other options like Venmo and PayPal they say nah I don’t have that. That’s the prelude to BS101 :):)

2. Second, they ask for reduced time and reduced fee if the masseur has standard rates. Or they ask for certain aspects of the full service only and seek a reduced rate. That’s Fuckery101

3. They’ll ask so many things and then just disappear in thin air without the simple courtesy of saying ‘thank you’ etc. That’s AgentVinod101 style - acts sophisticated but no money in the bank... lol

4. Ok your turn :):)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During my 15 years of doing massage, I have found the following to be true of irritating and time wastage clients:

1. First thing they ask is whether the masseur takes credit cards; when provided with other options like Venmo and PayPal they say nah I don’t have that. That’s the prelude to BS101 :):)

2. Second, they ask for reduced time and reduced fee if the masseur has standard rates. Or they ask for certain aspects of the full service only and seek a reduced rate. That’s Fuckery101

3. They’ll ask so many things and then just disappear in thin air without the simple courtesy of saying ‘thank you’ etc. That’s AgentVinod101 style - acts sophisticated but no money in the bank... lol

4. Ok your turn :):)

I think your course numbers are a bit off.

1. is BS101 - Freshman Antics

2. is BS 303 - Junior negotiating Freshman Antics with Sophomoric sophistication

3. is BS 606 - Master's class in how to TAX the therapist's time, marketing abilities and good-natured attitude with asinine kindergarten-level trivialities while having no intention of availing themselves of the thera-pissed services.

Since it’s still on the thread let me share my thoughts lol...if I’m broke, prolly wouldn’t get a massage at all. I believe if you have couple of hundred to stash every month for a massage prolly you’re not that broke. As for negotiation stuff et all, I do ask for like first time client discount as it’s a hit and miss and everyone would like to get their moneys worth I usually do it at a 150 start range :) that’s why I love this Forum. Keep em coming! But I wonder how much percentage of masseurs who advertise knows about this forum but that’s another topic to discuss. ?

I think your course numbers are a bit off.

1. is BS101 - Freshman Antics

2. is BS 303 - Junior negotiating Freshman Antics with Sophomoric sophistication

3. is BS 606 - Master's class in how to TAX the therapist's time, marketing abilities and good-natured attitude with asinine kindergarten-level trivialities while having no intention of availing themselves of the thera-pissed services.

Thanks for that... after all it’s all BS lol

First thing they ask is whether the masseur takes credit cards; when provided with other options like Venmo and PayPal they say nah I don’t have that.

For one, when I'm broke, I don't get massage. When I do get massage, I prefer to pay in cash. A lot of people don't like dealing with cash anymore. I encounter young folk using a credit card for $3 items. It's all about convenience today.

Many credit cards come with perks, like airline miles or spending points, so, to a gay customer, credit card purchases often carry the best benefits. Many gays hate PayPal and its subsidiary Venmo because of Peter Thiel and other reasons. Gay consumers tend to be woke and spend their money with social justice in mind.

For one, when I'm broke, I don't get massage. When I do get massage, I prefer to pay in cash. A lot of people don't like dealing with cash anymore. I encounter young folk using a credit card for $3 items. It's all about convenience today.

Many credit cards come with perks, like airline miles or spending points, so, to a gay customer, credit card purchases often carry the best benefits. Many gays hate PayPal and its subsidiary Venmo because of Peter Thiel and other reasons. Gay consumers tend to be woke and spend their money with social justice in mind.

Thank you

I encounter young folk using a credit card for $3 items. It's all about convenience today.

Add this older guy to the list of folk using (debit for me) cards for small purchases. Has solved the problem at the airport of unwanted change in my pocket. So quick and easy at Starbucks, etc. Again for me it’s a Visa debit card so coming straight out of bank account.

Add this older guy to the list of folk using (debit for me) cards for small purchases. Has solved the problem at the airport of unwanted change in my pocket. So quick and easy at Starbucks, etc. Again for me it’s a Visa debit card so coming straight out of bank account.

And, if your account is “hacked”, they can clear out everything. Credit cards have a limited liability, usually $50 max

PayPal data was breached, like many other business entities. It is one less option I use, to minimize my risk. Ditto for Venmo. Why continually put my credentials out there if I can function as is?

I always pay providers with cash. No one has complained. However, I will start asking if they'd prefer I not pay with cash. I'm sometimes willing to adjust. ?

Don't bother telling me how safe Venmo and PayPal are. There are plenty of accounts that get hacked.

I only use a Debit/ATM card when I travel and need cash, which is rare these days. I never use it to buy things, especially online. I know more than one person who had their checking accounts emptied.

Paypal requires a direct link to a personal bank account when signing up. You're not forced to use it, but the fine print says if there's a problem with a charge, they have the right to pull the money from wherever. A lot of people hate Paypal's terms and conditions.

My bank's Mastercard has been clocked for fraud at least 3 times. The 2 most recent times the charges were at stores where I don't shop, so the fraudulent charges were easy to spot. Each time the bank took care of everything, however, they had to issue a new number and a new card. That can be a pain, especially for auto-bill pay accounts.

I had 45K from my checking stolen from iD fraud. The bank Wells Fargo only compensated 14k as I reported it too late.

That's awful. I suppose bank policies differ from bank to bank. If you shop online, you really need to read the fine print. I have heard that Wells Fargo is a terrible bank. Sorry to hear you had to go through that, cany10011.

That's awful. I suppose bank policies differ from bank to bank. If you shop online, you really need to read the fine print. I have heard that Wells Fargo is a terrible bank. Sorry to hear you had to go through that, cany10011.

Thank you Roger! I was definitely a broke client that summer! I’m glad I can laugh about it now. I had contacted an acquaintance who works for the FBI but he told me they don’t investigate cases unless it is more than 100k involved.

VISA offers unlimited liability for Credit and Debit card transactions. There is no difference from a fradulent use standpoint.

Good to know... in my case, someone stole my new checks (as I was moving) and forged my name. The bank has proof on file of my signature and the forged checks did not match those on file. Despite this, they said i should have notified them sooner, so it was my fault.

Good to know... in my case, someone stole my new checks (as I was moving) and forged my name. The bank has proof on file of my signature and the forged checks did not match those on file. Despite this, they said i should have notified them sooner, so it was my fault.

You might find coverage in your renters/owners household policy.

Unfortunately stolen checks is a whole different situation than “hacked” credit/debit cards, sorry to hear this happened to you. Has Happened to me twice at least, once business and once a private club I belonged to. Both instances involved nefarious employees.

This topic is 1555 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.