Pay in Advance?

Kody S
This topic is 1579 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think this subject has been discussed before, but what is your experience with booking a masseur and when you get there he asks for the money up front? I have been getting massages for sometime now and rarely if ever has this happened to me. It seemed weird even though the massage was in every other respect just fine and as per advertised.

I pay, with a mental note to never book again.

I had this happen twice. Both times the massage wasn't that bad, more like a meh or even ok, so it's their loss because they didn't get the tip.

I believe I registered my displeasure on this forum but can't find those posts now.

I attribute this mostly to cultural differences, but if one is practicing in this country, one needs to adopt local customs sooner rather than later. Oh, well...

Edited by Capitano

I think this subject has been discussed before, but what is your experience with booking a masseur and when you get there he asks for the money up front? I have been getting massages for sometime now and rarely if ever has this happened to me. It seemed weird even though the massage was in every other respect just fine and as per advertised.

This has never happened in my massage experience, but if the masseur asked for the money upfront, I would just ask him "Why?"If they embarrass you by asking for the money upfront, embarrass them back and just ask "Why?" That will put them on the spot.

When I had no and then little experiences in hiring, I twice paid upfront. BAD move! Both times the experience was either poor, time shorted, or awful. Recently, I was asked to paid after getting undressed and ready to begin the session...reluctantly, I paid. BAD move!

Never again for me. NEVER!

...I wonder, in retrospect, if the request after getting undressed may have been on purpose. Next time, I'll have no problem putting my clothes back on...maybe slowly on purpose to make the point...and leaving.

Edited by ButchAtl