SCAM ALERT !!!!

BeefyDude
This topic is 748 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was talking to this HOT guy on grinder.

He replied stating he does massage work but I have to pay a "booking fee" first

He gave me a web page: rentmasseur.info/johnsport

RED FLAG

On masseur finder there is a JohnsSport but based in NYC and GPS location says NYC

So this guy is clearly a fake. The pics are the same as on rentmasseur. But on his fake .info site he has a click here to book, which takes you to a sight to put in your credit card info

RED ALERT... DANGER WILL ROBINSON.. WHOOP WHOOP

I was talking to this HOT guy on grinder.

He replied stating he does massage work but I have to pay a "booking fee" first

He gave me a web page: rentmasseur.info/johnsport

RED FLAG

On masseur finder there is a JohnsSport but based in NYC and GPS location says NYC

So this guy is clearly a fake. The pics are the same as on rentmasseur. But on his fake .info site he has a click here to book, which takes you to a sight to put in your credit card info

RED ALERT... DANGER WILL ROBINSON.. WHOOP WHOOP

Yes I was wondering about that site... there are about a dozen likely misappropriated profiles that require the booking fee. If someone knows Joknsport, they should alert him.

I actually texted the REAL guy. He answered

I pretend to book and asked where he was located - he gave me a valid NYC address

I then told him about the fake here in ATL. He thanked me but didn't know what he could do about it. I said I was merely making him aware. I said I would report the guy via grinder. He thanked me

Seemed like a nice guy (the real one)

OK did my good deed for the day

I actually texted the REAL guy. He answered

I pretend to book and asked where he was located - he gave me a valid NYC address

I then told him about the fake here in ATL. He thanked me but didn't know what he could do about it. I said I was merely making him aware. I said I would report the guy via grinder. He thanked me

Seemed like a nice guy (the real one)

OK did my good deed for the day

Johnsport is a great, serious masseur, plenty of material on him and also as Max in Masseurfinder.

so should i take screen shots and report to RM then? If its not their site what can they do

Sorry, that wasn't very clear the way I wrote it: the details on the scam site weren't properly designed and programmed, they were merely screenshots pasted on to the webpage to make it look like the Rentmasseur site.

I am listed on the real RentMasseur they already sent emails to us:

There has been multiple user reports for phishing websites with names similar to RentMasseur.

The only domain we operate with is RENTMASSEUR.COM

Any other domains are possibly SCAM

These websites are NOT associated with RentMasseur

Do not try to sign up or login.

Any other domains are possibly SCAM and aim to collect your data, use your photos, or manipulate information. RentMasseur representative will never ask you about your password, email address, or any personal information

• 9 months later...

The scammer is still at it 9 months later. I chatted with someone on Grindr who used JohnSport's pictures and he directed me to that rentmasseur.info site. I could immediately tell it was a scam and reported the profile, which is now gone. I came here, searched "johnsport" and found this thread. Unfortunately some guys must fall for this scam or it wouldn't still be in existence. Sad...

• 1 year later...