VANITY FAIR - August, 2000

Guest Quinte
This topic is 8680 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Quinte

The one with cute Aussie actor Heath Ledger on the cover! (Big nose and all).

Great articles, especialy photo coverage of the unrest in Sierra Leone, West Africa. The pictures tell a thousand and one words. See the mutilated child on page 114. Urrgh!! I am still in shock, it ruined my day. Then again, I guess I am just a soft flower wearing child of peace.

Still, the bloodbath does not make sense. Not even over diamonds.

As some of you may be well aware, I would love to place myself in front of a Herb Ritts Lens. In this issue, Bo Derek beats me to it. Bitch.

Read Robert Downey Jr's sob story and others...

Quinte DuSoleil

http://communities.msn.com/qdus

nubiandreams@hotmail.com

Guest southerngent

Thanks Quinte, I hope to start on this month's issue tonight. Heath is indeed an adorable Aussie, a true wonder from down under. I have seen VF mentioned here a few times and it is almost always a good read. As for Herb Ritts, I think a write in campaign for our "Nubian Dream" may be in order!

Guest Quinte

"As for Herb Ritts, I think a write in campaign for our "Nubian Dream" may be in order!"

Goody! When do we start? :-)

Seriously, I just may do that. Some one find me an email address! I loved what he did for the young actor who played Run away slave, Cinque in Spielberg's "Armistad". Ritts discovered him 8 years previously, and photographed him in the raw, save for an octopus on his head and a blank expression on my pretty face. This famous picture landed him the role if "Code" Magazine is to be believed.

Quinte DuSoleil

nubiandreams@hotmail.com

Talking about an octupus on his head, is that cloth thing on your head in your pix a traditional helmet designed to strike fear into a warrior's foe by not being able to see any human expression on the warrior's face, or what?

Guest Quinte

RE: Bilbo

LOL

No, Bilbo, it is actually an antique. From the Ashanti tribe of Ghana, West Africa.

The first crown of a prince or male regent, made from glass beads, shells, cowries and wool. Its purpose is to hide the face of the Prince until he attains a full beard and is presumed "old" enough to handle the affairs of state.

nubiandreams@hotmail.com

RE: Bilbo

Well, perhaps in a way I wasn't way, way off base. A young, beardless man would perhaps need some time to develop a poker face and the emotional distance from the problems needed to help lead his people through them.

Archived