A word for guests

sydneyboy
This topic is 1520 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 8 months later...

If you are not logged into the site you are unable to post. When you are viewing a thread while not logged in there is a button in the lower right corner of the screen that states: You must log in or register to reply here. Appears only registered users are able to post on the site.

I think the posters that have a "Guest" reference under their user name / icon must be on some type of restriction for some reason.

At the time of writing there are 45 members and 58 guests on line . These proportions are typical. A word for the guests. Why don’t you join, share experiences and contribute to conversations. The more the merrier!

Yes, please join, share experiences and contribute to conversations AND contribute to Daddy so this site can continue. Site visitors, members and guests are important BUT Daddy needs funds to keep the site going. Please contribute what you can.?

I often get contacted by these guests/ members via PM. They do read the threads but not inclined to participate. They're happy that certain issues that concerns them are being discussed. It makes them feel that they're not alone. I asked why not participate but the answer is always the same. They just want to observe.

• 2 weeks later...

This forum runs using forum software by XenForo (see bottom left of your browser screen). According XenForo's own user forum, guests are everyone or thing visiting the site that is not logged in or recognised as a known robot.

I sometimes visit this site without logging in. Although I'm a registered member, I show up as a guest when I do this. If I see something that makes me want to participate, I login. I then show up as a member.

Another term that is familiar is "lurker," for someone who often looks at the site but never joins because he/she doesn't want to participate. To me, "guest" should be restricted to someone who is a temporary member, and I assume that a poster who is described as a "guest" is someone in that category.

Another term that is familiar is "lurker," for someone who often looks at the site but never joins because he/she doesn't want to participate. To me, "guest" should be restricted to someone who is a temporary member, and I assume that a poster who is described as a "guest" is someone in that category.

I would describe somebody who actually joins, but never posts, as a "lurker", or, to use talk-radio parlance - "Long time listener, first time caller" :)

One other word of encouragement for guests or lurkers. This is THE most civilised, respectful and positive forums of its type for gay men I have encountered on the Internet. Compare with some of these bitchy forums eg one Thailand forum I won’t name. One other point is the breadth of issues raised. Everything from Rentmen, politics, Opera and everything in between. Join up.