Best steam rooms and saunas in NYC

CJinNYC
This topic is 1539 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Sheraton Towers on 7th avenue in midtown has a full gym with a locker room and showers. Years ago they had a steam room with a (now I had never seen this) a shower head, in the steam room. You could just stand up and stand underneath the shower while in the steam room to cool of and in my case to show off the goods. It was so cool. But its gone now. Those were the days.

My gym in Baltimore(located in gay town) has both the sauna and steam room enclosed in all glass. It stops nothing. They put up shower curtains in the shower stalls a few weeks ago. The membership tore every one of them down, every goddamned one.

A mild chuckle re this thread. Does anyone remember The Body Center on 6th Ave near 14th. I needed to start working out for professional reasons and it was the first gym with steam room, sauna, and a hot tub not to mention a long row of open showers that I had ever been to. If ever there was a motivation for going to the gym regularly at all different hours it was that place. My motivation was "if you finish your work out, then you are allowed to go play". Sometimes play got the best of me and I cut the work out short. I have never experienced anything like it since. Alas this was just before the dawn of the AIDs era when so much of the free wheeling open sexuality of gay gyms faded away. Sure was fun while it lasted.

A mild chuckle re this thread. Does anyone remember The Body Center on 6th Ave near 14th. I needed to start working out for professional reasons and it was the first gym with steam room, sauna, and a hot tub not to mention a long row of open showers that I had ever been to. If ever there was a motivation for going to the gym regularly at all different hours it was that place. My motivation was "if you finish your work out, then you are allowed to go play". Sometimes play got the best of me and I cut the work out short. I have never experienced anything like it since. Alas this was just before the dawn of the AIDs era when so much of the free wheeling open sexuality of gay gyms faded away. Sure was fun while it lasted.

Love hearing about that era. Reminds me of Tales of the City. Thanks for sharing!!

My gym in Baltimore(located in gay town) has both the sauna and steam room enclosed in all glass. It stops nothing. They put up shower curtains in the shower stalls a few weeks ago. The membership tore every one of them down, every goddamned one.

What gym is that?!

Good thread. It's amazing to me that for a huge city like New York there are very few options. I had several late night fun experiences at Spadium in K-town. It was famous for being open 24 hours. One time I hooked up there with a well known R&B singer. It was unbelievable. Sorry, can't share his name. Too bad Spadium was raided (they also had a massage parlor) and it's gone now. I wonder if there are any other spas in K-town where you can have fun.

I went a few years back to a somewhat upscale Korean spa further uptown. It's a bit pricey but it's fairly new and nice. There was quite a bit of action in a steam room. I can share the name of that spa if it's ok to do it here.

Spa Castle is another Korean spa but it's very far (Flushing). Not much action there but it's a really good spa with many facilities and a big heated outdoor pool. Many different saunas, a nice restaurant. They also have a separate male only section where you are required to be nude like in most Korean spas. Too bad the staff is everywhere making sure there is no fooling around going on.

The steam room at Equinox at Columbus Circle can be pretty active at times.

What time(s)/day(s?) That's my primary gym. I've been in that steam room 20 times and never have seen anything other than a lot of side glances.

What gym is that?!

Merritt Athletic Club in downtown Baltimore where only a few weeks ago I turned the corner to head to the showers and ran into a four man fucking orgy, right out in the open! INSANE. Terp

p.s. Don't get too excited. Merritt is "Ugly-Troll-Central."

What time(s)/day(s?) That's my primary gym. I've been in that steam room 20 times and never have seen anything other than a lot of side glances.

It’s very hit or miss. But I’ve had fun in the afternoon after 2:30pm. Haven’t been at night so don’t know about other times. What time are you usually there?

It’s very hit or miss. But I’ve had fun in the afternoon after 2:30pm. Haven’t been at night so don’t know about other times. What time are you usually there?

Saturday morning (very busy and6a lot of hot guys) and weekdays after 5ish. Lotsa eye candy but 0 action.

These replies are great. My Gym, equinox, has cracked down after a few press incidents... that said, it still happens, just not at rush hour. NYSC on e86th had a ton of action at one point... the steam room is (was) very discrete and isolated. That said, it was also a troll haven.

I will try KTown again... but last time I went it was under constant supervision. Please PM me if there is a good time to go, or anything organized!

Likewise does anyone remember the ol’ Chelsea Gym at 18th and 8th?

I’ve found a good amount of morning and evening action at 63rd/Lex, Soho, Printing House.

Years back at 63rd and Lex, Saturday and Sunday afternoon, early evenings, the steam was a scene, guys working their hard ons in the shower on the side, plenty of BJs...

In the nineties, David Barton ran a Crunch on Lafayette (I think) and Houston. The shower was a square open room, brown walls, with shower heads on three sides; everybody flaunted, I remember once I saw this very tall, African American, hairless, thin man with a very long dong... he eyed me and approached him, and gave each other a HJ. He runs a very popular drag show. Action continues in the stalls, I frequently stood on a toilet to be serviced...and the steam was action packed. It did not last much.

These replies are great. My Gym, equinox, has cracked down after a few press incidents... that said, it still happens, just not at rush hour. NYSC on e86th had a ton of action at one point... the steam room is (was) very discrete and isolated. That said, it was also a troll haven.

I will try KTown again... but last time I went it was under constant supervision. Please PM me if there is a good time to go, or anything organized!

When I first moved to NYC back in 2012-2013 I banged a guy in the NYSC 86th sauna. It was hot AF.

Don't know his name and never saw him again. Always wondered. But I think that location shut down.

Used David Barton Gym at 23th Street for a couple of years before it was shut down. I'm still missing the hands massaging my body in the steam room every time I jumped in there.

Edited by Calvin_Hu