Killing Eve

Is anyone else a fan of this show? I watched on Hulu, so I won't see the second season that's about to start right away. The dynamic between Eve and Oksana/Villanelle reminds me a little of that between Will Graham and Hannibal Lecter in the second and third seasons of Hannibal, the TV adaptation.

This is a good summary of the first season:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/killing-eve-resumes-its-anxiety-fueled-story-of-two-women-who-cant-resist-one-another/2019/04/04/6c776a52-559c-11e9-8ef3-fbd41a2ce4d5_story.html?utm_term=.2154ef4ee703

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

S3 got bad NYtimes review. Good or bad, it's always amazing to watch those three actresses and also the hottie I posted above.

I was kinda shocked by S3e1 the other night. I wasn't expecting what happened to happen. I get why they did it as a narrative device, but it seemed unnecessarily cruel. I hope this is the last season. It really should have been just one season. Anyway, I will keep watching.

S3 got bad NYtimes review. Good or bad, it's always amazing to watch those three actresses and also the hottie I posted above.

I was kinda shocked by S3e1 the other night. I wasn't expecting what happened to happen. I get why they did it as a narrative device, but it seemed unnecessarily cruel. I hope this is the last season. It really should have been just one season. Anyway, I will keep watching.

I have the hots for Kenny in his shorts all the time.

• 5 weeks later...
Is anyone else a fan of this show?

Good or bad, it's always amazing to watch those three actresses

I enjoyed the first season.

Blond psychopath Villanelle in “Killing Eve” is the kind of over-the-top fictional character who couldn’t possibly be real — right?

Not so fast. It turns out that Villanelle, played by Jodie Comer, 27, was based on a very real villain who reportedly killed nearly two dozen people in cold blood, all while seducing police officers like a pro.

Luke Jennings, who wrote the “Villanelle” novel series that the hit AMC and BBC America series is based on, has exposed the inspiration behind the character: Idoia López Riaño, a Spanish ETA hitwoman known as La Tigresa, according to The Independent.

“She killed 23 people, and she was clearly a psychopath and completely, completely without empathy,” Jennings revealed in an online chat for the new Lyme Crime literary festival.

Although she was imprisoned in the 1990s for murders she committed for the Basque terrorist group, the now-55-year-old was released in 2017.

“Killing Eve” follows Villanelle’s obsession with intelligence agent Eve (Sandra Oh). Although that part of the story is invented for the show, Jennings said La Tigresa reportedly earned her real-life nickname for her “legendary sexual prowess,” as she’s rumored to have had sex with police officers before slaying their colleagues.

In the TV series, Comer’s vain Villanelle is frequently shown preening in the mirror and shopping for designer fashions. Riaño, Jennings said, also enjoyed gazing at her own reflection.

The author recounted one such occasion, when Riaño was assigned to assassinate a police officer: “At the key moment, Idoia, who was supposed to be doing the killings, didn’t actually see him because she was so entranced with the window of a fashionable store and her own reflection in it.”

Now in its third season, “Killing Eve” contributed to the rise of Hollywood darling Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who helmed the first season, and it earned Oh a Golden Globe in 2019 and Comer an Emmy that same year.

“Killing Eve” has already been renewed for a fourth season. Season 3 is currently airing Sundays at 9 p.m. on AMC and BBC America.

killing-eve.jpg

• 1 year later...

Killing Eve is back for its final mission — but will Eve and Villanelle find their way back to each other?

In a new trailer for the fourth and final season of the BBC America thriller we catch up with Eve and Villanelle, and they’re in very different places: Villanelle has seemingly found religion, although she hasn’t completely stopped sinning yet (“I killed two people last night after I tried really hard not to”), while Eve is having sex with a charming new gentleman friend.

But Eve gets roped back in by Carolyn, who tells her that members of The Twelve are murdered. “You’re still playing the same old game of chess,” Eve tells her… but when we see the secret conspiracy board Eve is keeping, we know she’s still playing it, too.

AMC+ ?? Also as an add-on to Prime $12.99…   I don’t care, worth whatever wait and the price  - this show has proven itself as a dark-humored, thrilling and well-crafted ride!!!

Can’t wait!!!  If you are uninitiated you will have to watch all 3 existing seasons first which, if bingeing, may not be good for a weak heart. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...