Google Image Search

Gar1eth
This topic is 1482 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Seems to me that quite a while ago, they must have changed the algorithm (or whatever the proper term is). Maybe there were potential privacy issues involved (even though any search would only involve pics already on the web)? This certainly isn't a new thing - it's been like this now for some time.

Technically it's working for me, but in a practical sense, it's been a long time since it's brought up any useful information for me, as in identifying the model or scene in a particularly hot picture.

I get results that say "man" or "barechested."

Are there any other image search sites that anyone knows of?

Gman

I don't know of any. Sorry.

• 1 year later...

I've found a new toy... at least new to me.

I have been using Mozilla browser for some time and I stumbled across an add-in called "Search By Image".

Link to their site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/search_by_image/

It's very easy to use and works really well. From their description:

Search by Image is a Firefox extension which enables you to initiate a reverse image search from the right-click context menu or the browser toolbar, and comes with support for
more than 20 search engines.

Images positioned at the selected area are detected regardless of how they were embedded in the page. The extension also supports uploading local images, searching for video frames, capturing details within images, and searching for images from private sites.