MONTREAL HOTELS

Guest LuvSuitnTieGuys
This topic is 8706 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest LuvSuitnTieGuys

I'm heading to Montreal for the 4 day July 4th weekend.I was thinking of staying at the Auxberges Hotel...heard it was very cruisy...Can anybody tell me anything about it or recommend something better?Also I know there are lots of stripper bars but any "Rounds" type bars?

I don't know Auberge, but I stayed at Hotel Gouvernor (1-888-910-1111) last weekend. It was very nice, convenient location, decent room. Cruisy, I don't think I'd say that, though there were lots of boys running around (there were also older hetero couples). It's in the Gay Village and is in easy walking distance to Campus and Stock and lots of other bars along St Catherine Street.

I think a lot of people who want cruisy check out Hotel Bourbon, but I have no idea what it's like.

Guest Tampa Yankee

Please describe where the 'Gay village' is located in Montreal. Been to Montreal once but didn't have my antennae out for that scene. Thanks.

I stayed at the Bourbon last time I was in Montreal. The rooms are very small but attractively furnished. The restaurant is inexpensive and serves very good food. There are also several bars on the premises. The location is very convenient -- directly across St. Catherine's from the Adonis strip club, in the heart of the gay village. There was lots of street action directly in front.

This hotel gets a little noisy in the evenings but otherwise is highly recommended.

I heard last night that another place to stay which is nice is the St Andre (I think I got it right). It is directly across the street from Stock and despite looking a bit iffy on the outside is supposed to be nice inside. They serve breakfast to your room in the mornings (NO, I don't believe you get to play with the waiter). I think they are very in tune with what goes on, so there is no problem bringing a boy or two home after hours.

Hmmm, I might have to look into this phenomenon.

• 3 weeks later...

As I mentioned above, the rooms at the Bourbon are very small. For this reason the bathroom areas are separated from the rest of the rooms by 5-foot high room divider. As you walk in it may seem that toilet is exposed, but the divider provides ample privacy.

A very inexpensive (about $60 Canadian) hotel is the Hotel Dorion. It's directly above the strip bar Taboo. The rooms are only just adequate, but the price is right, and they all have private baths. Ask for a room on the second floor (which is actually the third; Taboo being on the ground floor).

If you don't mind sharing a bath, a very elegant guest house is the Ruta Baggage. It's one block off Ste Catherine in the middle of the gay village. They serve a very nice full breakfast there. I haven't stayed there in over a year, but I believe the price is about $70 Canadian.

I've also stayed at the Manoir des Alpes on St Andre. It's next door to the Hotel St Andre and across the street from Stock, another stip bar. It's a family run hotel, gay friendly, but I probably wouldn't feel comfortable bringing a late night guest back to my room. The rooms are economical, but nice, and have private baths. They serve continental breakfast and have a huge parking lot in the back. I believe the price is around $70 Canadian.

Haven't been to the Aux Berge in at least four years. I believe they have rooms with either private or shared bath. The Aux Berge is on the west side, so a taxi is needed to get to and from the gay village. They also rent rooms by the hour if you need that....

Archived