Now THAT'S a headline you don't see everyday!

samhexum

Man run over by lawn mower while trying to kill son with chainsaw

A Tennessee man lost one of his legs after his son, trying to fend off the 76-year-old’s chainsaw attack, drove over the older man with a lawn mower, according to the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office.

The father, identified as Douglas Ferguson, of Bristol, now faces a charge of attempted second degree murder, according to the Bristol Herald Courier.

The incident happened June 28, but, because of the severity of the injury, authorities weren’t able to serve the arrest warrant until Tuesday.

Officials say Ferguson’s son was mowing the front lawn when his father went after him with the chainsaw.

“The son defended himself against the attack by running over the suspect with the lawn mower,” according to an SCSO press release obtained by the Kingsport Times-News. “The injuries that the suspect (Ferguson) sustained were as a result of the lawn mower striking and running over him.”

Ferguson, who was found bleeding from his leg and head, was taken to the hospital where doctors amputated his leg.

Investigators with the sheriff’s office said the two men have a long-running feud.

Ferguson was jailed on the attempted murder charge and for violating parole related to a previous aggravated assault, according to the Times-News. Bond was set at $25,000 for the attempted murder charge.

Edited by samhexum

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Supporters, right-wing detractors and pearl-clutchers get all up into 108-foot vulva sculpture embedded in Brazilian hillside

Everyone, it seems, has an opinion about the 108-foot-long vulva splayed across a Brazilian hillside that has ignited controversy across that country’s art world.

The sculpture, titled Diva, was intended as a “massive vulva/wound excavation” that aims to spark dialogue and debate around “the relationship between nature and culture in our phallocentric and anthropocentric western society” and the “problematization of gender,” visual artist Juliana Notari said in a Facebook post about the reinforced-concrete, resin-coated red gash in the Earth. It was unveiled Saturday in a sculpture park on the site of a former sugar mill since converted into an open-air museum in Pernambuco state, in northeastern Brazil.

“Nowadays these issues have become increasingly urgent,” Notari wrote, possibly referring to a climate of increasing intolerance in Brazil, as The Guardian noted.

The 52-foot-wide, 20-foot-deep sculpture was handcrafted by 20 men, Notari noted, because a mechanical excavator would not have provided the finesse needed for this most delicate of undertakings. “A heroic effort under the sun,” she called it, “amid a lot of music and jokes.”

The jokes didn’t end with the workers, and the dialogue was certainly spicy. It also ran the gamut from supportive, to those who thought it garish and inappropriate, to those who shot back with misogynistic comments.

“With all due respect, I did not like it,” wrote one commenter, according to Reuters. “Imagine me walking with my young daughters in this park and them asking ... ‘Daddy, what is this?’ What will I answer?”

A female respondent noted that it wasn’t hard. “With all due respect, you can teach your daughters not to be ashamed of their own genitals.”

Among the first to pile onto this depiction of female anatomy was Olavo de Carvalho, the former astrologer turned political guru to Brazil’s far-right President Jair Bolsonaro and his sons. Bolsonaro has notoriously attacked the arts and threatened the budgets of cultural projects, characterizing artists as leftists sponging off public money.

“Why are they trashing the 33-metre p---y instead of facing it with a big d--k?” de Carvalho tweeted.

Reaction to the work of Notari, who is based in Recife, was largely supportive, but her piece did draw other political criticism. The irony of having 20 Black men laboring on the site of a former sugar mill was not lost on some commentators, The Art Newspaper noted.

“A vulva sculpture that [Notari] describes as an act of artistic resistance and gender problematization, but which to be created used practically only the labor of black men,” wrote one commentator on social media, according to ArtReview. “A satire of white feminism?”

Others called the work transphobic and “genitalist,” ArtReview reported. In all more than 27,000 comments were made on Notari’s Facebook post – a marked contrast to the lack of reaction to the longtime existence of a phallus-like structure perched on a German mountaintop, which disappeared last month and then was restored soon after.

Notari hopes to send a feminist message not only about women’s rights but also about what it will take to survive as a human species.

“After all, it is by changing perspective of our relationship between humans and humans and nonhuman, that will allow us to live longer on that planet and in a less unequal and catastrophic society,” she wrote.

Though Notari has taken up the concept of wounds in previous works of this series, Diva was her most ambitious undertaking yet.

“It’s one of the biggest wounds I’ve created,” Notari told CNN. “This wound is, however, infinitely smaller when compared to the traumas of slavery, unprotected employment, ecocide, and violent traumas that happened in this Usina, as in other private colonial properties.”

134829488_10219401787171691_4473035230895188289_o-1024x847.jpg

134582404_10219401788891734_9095447323812611223_o-1024x768.jpg

Decomposing body found in freezer of South Carolina 'haunted house' — that then mysteriously burns down

South Carolina authorities are investigating after a supposedly haunted house in Norway where a dead body was found decomposing was set ablaze. Jeez, that seems inappropriate... Do Norwegian authorities investigate fires in South Carolina?

According to Crime-Online, a group of explorers ventured into the haunted house where they made the grisly discovery of a dead body.

An 18-year-old in the group noticed a putrid smell and opened a freezer to find a decomposing body still partially dressed in jeans and socks.

The Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death after the explorers made contact with them sometime after the macabre find.

However, the dead body in the haunted house wasn’t the only unsettling part of the story.

Two days after the discovery, local firefighters responded to a fire at the scene of the abandoned abode.

Police have said the blaze is considered suspicious, but it wasn’t clear if they have identified any suspects.

According to WNCN in Raleigh-Durham, the home was burnt down in the early Tuesday fire.

Police have not said why they consider the fire at the haunted house with the dead body suspicious.

Authorities have said they are likewise currently unable to identify the decomposing corpse found in the freezer.

Medical officials have said the decomposition was so bad, they are currently not able to determine a cause of death or identity.

They are even unable to determine the sex of the corpse, WSOC in Charlotte reported.

The Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office says the group of eight adults were out riding four-wheelers on Sunday when they decided to explore the property in Norway.

Officials have previously said the owner of the haunted house was cooperating with the dead body investigation.

According to WLTX, the previous tenant, Ron Phillips, said the freezer where the body was found belonged to his family — but he hasn’t been there in over a year.

“My daughter grew up out there and it really has affected her to know that somebody would come out there and do such a thing as dispose a body in the old freezer on the back porch,” Phillips said. “It’s just a terrible thing.”

The cause of the fire remains “undetermined” and police are investigating both the body and the potential arson.

When asked about the rumors of his old home being “haunted”, Phillips said, “Well there was some voices in the house, it’s been like that for years.”

• 3 weeks later...

Oklahoma Lawmaker Proposes 'Bigfoot' Hunting Season

A Republican House member has introduced a bill that would create a Bigfoot hunting season.

Rep. Justin Humphrey’s district includes the heavily forested Ouachita Mountains in southeast Oklahoma, where a Bigfoot festival is held each year near the Arkansas border. He says issuing a state hunting license and tag could help boost tourism.

“Establishing an actual hunting season and issuing licenses for people who want to hunt Bigfoot will just draw more people to our already beautiful part of the state," Humphrey said in a statement.

Humphrey says his bill would only allow trapping and that he also hopes to secure $25,000 to be offered as a bounty.

Micah Holmes, a spokesman for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, which oversees hunting in Oklahoma, told television station KOCO that the agency uses science-driven research and doesn’t recognize Bigfoot.

FLO HAD BETTER WARN DARRYL

• 2 weeks later...

Florida man steals ring from one girlfriend, uses it to propose to another

He’s accused of cheating on two girlfriends and stealing from both. Now he’s single and running from cops.

A Florida man went into hiding this week after two women he had dated for years found out about each other on social media and learned both had been lied to and robbed, authorities said Thursday.

The accused con artist, 48-year-old Joseph Davis, met the victims on the dating app OKCupid in 2015 and 2016 and gave each of them a different fake name, “Joe Brown” and “Marcus Brown,” according to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.

One of the victims told detectives last month that she discovered through Facebook that her boyfriend of several years was actually engaged to another woman. The Orange City victim said she looked up the fiancée’s Facebook page and noticed a photo of her wearing a wedding band and engagement ring that was identical to one she had from a prior marriage, authorities said.

The woman said she went to check her jewelry box and saw that her rings and several other items were missing, confirming that her boyfriend had stolen from her and used her own jewelry to propose to another woman, according to a news release. The stolen items, which also included a diamond ring that belonged to her grandmother, were worth nearly $6,300.

The victim confronted and dumped Davis before reaching out to the other victim, who was cooperative and even returned some of the stolen jewelry.

“With both relationships over due to the infidelity, the victims began cooperating with each other and with detectives,” authorities said.

The second victim, who lives in Orlando, told the Orange City woman that “Brown” had fooled her too. The convicted felon allegedly brought her to his girlfriend’s house one day, falsely claimed the house was his and asked her to move in.

The Orlando woman agreed and packed up her apartment, disassembled her furniture and was ready to go before Davis suddenly told her that the “deal fell through,” according to the release. After Davis moved out and “disappeared,” the woman noticed that her laptop and some of her own jewelry were missing from her apartment, authorities said.

Both women contacted the sheriff’s office and helped them track down the man’s true identity.

It turns out that Davis has felony convictions in Oregon and North Carolina and an active arrest warrant out of Oregon for a hit-and-run crash with injuries. His criminal record includes arrests for possession of a fictitious ID, filing a false police report, domestic assault and possession of cocaine with intent to sell.

Authorities urged the public to be on the lookout for the suspect and report any sightings of him. They noted that Davis has a tattoo of a cross on his left arm with the words, “Only God can judge me.”

5924c3e14a3ef6b1b76e7bf25f4a58a5

Worst dad ever runs off with girlfriend’s mom day after birth of his son

A 24-year-old pregnant mom claims she was shocked to find out that her boyfriend and baby daddy was having an affair with her own mother.

Jess Aldridge told the Sun that her boyfriend Ryan Shelton ran off with her mom Georgina after she brought her newborn son home from the hospital.

“It’s the ultimate betrayal. You expect a new grandmother to fall in love with the baby — not the father,” Aldridge told the outlet.

The Gloucestershire, England-based family were living together so Georgina could help take care of her grandchildren. Aldridge and Shelton have two children together, a daughter, also named Georgina, 1, and newborn son Reuben.

“We were stuck together for months in the house during lockdown,” Aldridge recalled. “It was so hard, especially as Ryan and mum were always being so flirty. I felt so uncomfortable, it was a horrible experience.”

Even though Georgina’s husband, Eric, was also in the house, Shelton, 29, and Georgina, 44, would spend nights in the kitchen together drinking Bacardi. Aldridge claims she once caught Shelton touching her mom’s butt, but tried to brush it off. “It was disgusting. She would wear these short dresses and be all touchy-feely with him on the sofa,” she said. Aldridge claims she even confronted the pair — although they denied anything was going on.

That changed when Aldridge was admitted to the hospital to give birth to Reuben in January. While she was having a cesarean section, Shelton, a car-parts salesman, broke up with Aldridge through text, claiming he was sick of her accusing him of having an affair.

“Ryan had seen baby Reuben for only a few minutes after he was born and then 10 minutes the day afterwards as he was moving all his stuff,” the new mom said. “They were in such a rush. He had even had my mum waiting for him with the car packed in the car park.”

When Aldridge returned home with her new son, she realized Georgina, a nursing home worker, had also moved out. Although they continued to deny it, the couple finally fessed up that they were living together.

The unusual new couple have now reportedly officially confirmed their relationship on Facebook, Metro UK reported.

“My mum told me she can’t help who she falls in love with, and Ryan told me the same thing,” Aldridge said. “It was a huge kick in the teeth, they had been planning it throughout my whole pregnancy.”

She said Eric is also devastated by the news.

“She is meant to be a granny to my two children and helping me look after them, but instead, she’s off shagging my boyfriend,” said Aldridge.

“I’m heartbroken and I’ve lost everything — my mum and the father to my kids.”

Woman attacked by bear while sitting on outhouse toilet

Alaskan native Shannon Stevens was attacked by a black bear when she went to relieve herself in the outhouse near her brother’s yurt on Saturday night, Feb. 13.

Following a rustic dinner of sausages cooked on an open fire and a day of snowmobiling to the remote hideaway near Chilkat Lake, Stevens became one with nature — to a dangerous degree — when she faced the wild animal hiding out in her brother Erik’s latrine.

“I got out there and sat down on the toilet and immediately something bit my butt right as I sat down,” Shannon said, according to the Daily Mail. “I jumped up and I screamed when it happened.”

But she initially assumed a small creature like a squirrel had landed the blow.

What happened next was something out of a horror movie: Erik heard his sister screaming from about 150 yards away. Armed with a headlamp, he lifted the toilet seat to find the wild beast “just right there at the level of the toilet seat, just looking right back up through the hole, right at me.”

Returning to the yurt, the siblings located a first-aid kit to treat Stevens’ wounds, which Erik — whose girlfriend was also on the trip — suspects may have come from a swipe of the bear’s paw.

“It was bleeding, but it wasn’t super bad,” according to Shannon, who was prepared to find further medical help, if needed, in Haines, about 17 miles away.

The siblings estimate that the smell of the sizzling sausages contributed to the tush offensive by attracting the hungry bear to their camp.

“I’m just going to be better about looking inside the toilet before sitting down, for sure,’” Shannon said. She guessed that the outhouse made a good “little den” for the cold weather.

Carl Koch, a biologist for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game Wildlife Management, noted that bear sightings have been up since a dearth of salmon and berries kept bears from fattening up for the winter, forcing them to venture out in freezing temperatures for a bite of food — or fanny.

“As far as getting swatted on the butt when you’re sitting down in winter, she could be the only person on Earth that this has ever happened to, for all I know,” Koch said.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst dad ever runs off with girlfriend’s mom day after birth of his son

A 24-year-old pregnant mom claims she was shocked to find out that her boyfriend and baby daddy was having an affair with her own mother.

Jess Aldridge told the Sun that her boyfriend Ryan Shelton ran off with her mom Georgina after she brought her newborn son home from the hospital.

“It’s the ultimate betrayal. You expect a new grandmother to fall in love with the baby — not the father,” Aldridge told the outlet.

The Gloucestershire, England-based family were living together so Georgina could help take care of her grandchildren. Aldridge and Shelton have two children together, a daughter, also named Georgina, 1, and newborn son Reuben.

“We were stuck together for months in the house during lockdown,” Aldridge recalled. “It was so hard, especially as Ryan and mum were always being so flirty. I felt so uncomfortable, it was a horrible experience.”

Even though Georgina’s husband, Eric, was also in the house, Shelton, 29, and Georgina, 44, would spend nights in the kitchen together drinking Bacardi. Aldridge claims she once caught Shelton touching her mom’s butt, but tried to brush it off. “It was disgusting. She would wear these short dresses and be all touchy-feely with him on the sofa,” she said. Aldridge claims she even confronted the pair — although they denied anything was going on.

That changed when Aldridge was admitted to the hospital to give birth to Reuben in January. While she was having a cesarean section, Shelton, a car-parts salesman, broke up with Aldridge through text, claiming he was sick of her accusing him of having an affair.

“Ryan had seen baby Reuben for only a few minutes after he was born and then 10 minutes the day afterwards as he was moving all his stuff,” the new mom said. “They were in such a rush. He had even had my mum waiting for him with the car packed in the car park.”

When Aldridge returned home with her new son, she realized Georgina, a nursing home worker, had also moved out. Although they continued to deny it, the couple finally fessed up that they were living together.

The unusual new couple have now reportedly officially confirmed their relationship on Facebook, Metro UK reported.

“My mum told me she can’t help who she falls in love with, and Ryan told me the same thing,” Aldridge said. “It was a huge kick in the teeth, they had been planning it throughout my whole pregnancy.”

She said Eric is also devastated by the news.

“She is meant to be a granny to my two children and helping me look after them, but instead, she’s off shagging my boyfriend,” said Aldridge.

“I’m heartbroken and I’ve lost everything — my mum and the father to my kids.”

Nepotism starts at home.

Woman attacked by bear while sitting on outhouse toilet

Alaskan native Shannon Stevens was attacked by a black bear when she went to relieve herself in the outhouse near her brother’s yurt on Saturday night, Feb. 13.

Following a rustic dinner of sausages cooked on an open fire and a day of snowmobiling to the remote hideaway near Chilkat Lake, Stevens became one with nature — to a dangerous degree — when she faced the wild animal hiding out in her brother Erik’s latrine.

“I got out there and sat down on the toilet and immediately something bit my butt right as I sat down,” Shannon said, according to the Daily Mail. “I jumped up and I screamed when it happened.”

But she initially assumed a small creature like a squirrel had landed the blow.

What happened next was something out of a horror movie: Erik heard his sister screaming from about 150 yards away. Armed with a headlamp, he lifted the toilet seat to find the wild beast “just right there at the level of the toilet seat, just looking right back up through the hole, right at me.”

Returning to the yurt, the siblings located a first-aid kit to treat Stevens’ wounds, which Erik — whose girlfriend was also on the trip — suspects may have come from a swipe of the bear’s paw.

“It was bleeding, but it wasn’t super bad,” according to Shannon, who was prepared to find further medical help, if needed, in Haines, about 17 miles away.

The siblings estimate that the smell of the sizzling sausages contributed to the tush offensive by attracting the hungry bear to their camp.

“I’m just going to be better about looking inside the toilet before sitting down, for sure,’” Shannon said. She guessed that the outhouse made a good “little den” for the cold weather.

Carl Koch, a biologist for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game Wildlife Management, noted that bear sightings have been up since a dearth of salmon and berries kept bears from fattening up for the winter, forcing them to venture out in freezing temperatures for a bite of food — or fanny.

“As far as getting swatted on the butt when you’re sitting down in winter, she could be the only person on Earth that this has ever happened to, for all I know,” Koch said.

Unbelievable, bare meets bear. ?

N.J. man sues over fake poop, glitter bombs and phony phalluses sent in the mail

I didn't read the article, but I'm assuming the man wanted REAL poop and phalluses. Obviously a fetishist!

Judge orders psychiatric evaluation for man who sexually abused stuffed dolls in a Target store

Another fetishist!

Edited by samhexum

• 4 weeks later...

MMA fighter loses finger during fight — and there was a massive search to find it

khetag-pliev-mma-loses-finger.jpg

In combat sports, gnarly injuries happen. But the one suffered by middleweight Khetag Pliev at a Cage Fury Fighting Championships (CFFC) event on Thursday night in Philadelphia is about as gruesome as it gets.

Pliev’s left ring finger was severed (Graphic image) during his co-main event bout against Devin Goodale, with broadcast cameras picking up what happened between the second and third rounds.

“In the second round, he caught my glove with one hand and held it,” Pliev told ESPN’s Marc Raimondi. “I felt my finger snapped. He kept pulling my glove and my finger snapped. We kept fighting. When the second round was finished, I see my [bone] was out in the open. I wanted to keep fighting, because I felt like I had this guy. But the doctor saw that and stopped the fight. “

Confusion reigned as it was not immediately clear where the disconnected portion of Pliev’s digit had gone or when the injury took place. There was a search to track down the finger and even an announcement asking for help.

CFFC president Rob Haydek later said on the broadcast, available on UFC Fight Pass, that the finger was located inside Pliev’s glove.

Pliev later told ESPN that he was in the hospital emergency room where his finger was successfully reattached.

The bout was halted between rounds because of the injury, with Goodale earning a win via TKO.

• 3 weeks later...

Woman Swallowed By Python As She Checked On Her Cornfield

A woman in Indonesia was swallowed whole by a python as she checked on her cornfields last week. According to The Washington Post, citing the Jakarta Post, the woman's name was Wa Tiba and lived on Muna Island off the coast of Sulawesi. She left her home Thursday night to visit her cornfield about a half mile from her home.

Reticulated pythons are common in the area, but it was actually wild boars that Wa had been worried about initially because they'd be destroying her crops, according to the Jakarta Post's report.

When Wa didn't return, her sister went out to find her and found Wa's footprints, flashlight, slippers, and machete. On Friday, 100 villagers from Persiapan Lawela searched the area and found a 23 foot-long snake with a very swollen belly. The villagers killed the snake, cut it open, and found Wa inside intact. She probably didn't die inside the snake: A reticulated python secures its prey with a bite, then wraps its body around the victim, squeezing down until the victim cannot breathe, before consuming, according to the Associated Press.

Pythons are the longest snake in the world and usually only eat smaller mammals. However, a similar incident happened last year to a farmer from the nearby village of Salubiro on Sulawesi Island, according to The Washington Post.

• 5 months later...

Michigan pastor with 8 DUI priors accused of trying to murder sheriff’s deputies

A Michigan pastor with eight prior drunk driving offenses was charged Wednesday with attempting to murder two sheriff’s deputies with his car, a report said.

The chaotic scene unfolded after police encountered the allegedly inebriated pastor, David Jones, in his car outside of a convenience store off 1-75 in Arenac County, authorities told WXYZ.

Jones refused to cooperate with the deputies and sped his car across the highway, slamming into the back of a building, police said.

The pastor then allegedly turned around and sped into a patrol car that had pursued him, Arena County Undersheriff Don McIntyre told the outlet.

The chaotic scene unfolded after police encountered the allegedly inebriated pastor, David Jones, in his car outside of a convenience store off 1-75 in Arenac County, authorities told WXYZ.

David Jones refused to cooperate with the deputies and sped his car across the highway. Facebook

“If you turn your vehicle around and intentionally collide with a police vehicle, you are going to be charged with attempted murder on police,” McIntyre said.

The deputies were uninjured. After the collision, they were forced to wrestle Jones from his car as the suspect continued resisting, the report said.

The pastor was being held on a $1 million bond.

Florida city’s mural depicts first black female firefighter as white

A Florida city’s first black female firefighter has filed a lawsuit against the municipality after a controversial mural was unveiled that depicted her with white skin.

Latosha Clemons’ lawsuit against Boynton Beach claims the pioneering firefighter deserves more than $100,000 after she suffered damages “including, but not limited to, loss of income, relocation expenses and additional living expenses as a result of relocating.”

The mural, which was unveiled last year before it was quickly yanked, caused mental and emotional harm and “subjected her to ridicule, contempt, disgrace and/or humiliation,” her attorney Arthur Schofield wrote in an amended complaint.

Latosha Clemons — Boynton Beach's first black female firefighter — is suing the city for $100,000 after it unveiled a mural that featured her with white skin. Latosha Clemons — Boynton Beach’s first black female firefighter — is suing the city for $100,000 after it unveiled a mural that featured her with white skin.  

“Being depicted as white was not only a false presentation of CLEMONS, it was also a depiction which completely disrespected all that CLEMONS the first black firefighter for the CITY had accomplished, her determination, focus and hard work,” a recent amended complaint said.

City officials are scheduled to meet Tuesday to discuss the lawsuit and figure out how to proceed, the Boynton Beach Post reported.

Clemons, who spent 26 years with the department before retiring last year, was to be included in a mural for one of the city’s fire stations. Her image was based on a photo of Clemons and two other female firefighters.

Clemons was supposed to be the figure in the bottom right of the mural. Clemons was supposed to be the figure in the bottom right of the mural. YouTube/Palm Beach Post

But when the city unveiled the mural in June 2020, Clemons and another former fire chief, who is also black, were portrayed as white. The debacle sparked swift backlash that led to the firing of the fire chief and another employee and removing the mural a day later.

The fired public art manager told the Post she was pressured by the fire chief and staff to make the change, with City Hall aware of the alteration, according to the Post.

The photo of Clemons and other firefighters that the mural was supposed to be based on. The photo of Clemons and other firefighters that the mural was supposed to be based on.

City attorneys said in a court filing that the employees who changed the artwork acted “outside the scope of their employment,” the Post reported.

She told the newspaper at the time she was hurt, disappointed and outraged.

“It’s been my heart and soul and my lifeblood to serve in the community where I grew up … this is beyond disrespect and I basically want to know why it happened.”

Edited by samhexum