How long will THE CONNERS last?

samhexum

I don't think they ever said before how Mark died before. I know the actor died from a drug OD.

Maybe I'm confusing that with DJ's wife who's off serving in the military (and co-starring in a CBS sitcom).

Edited by samhexum

I don't think they ever said before how Mark died before. I know the actor died from a drug OD.

I'm surprised it is getting another season. I've never cared for Roseanne as a person since she disrespected the national anthem in the 90's but she was funny and made the show.

They need to show more of Emillio, he's nice eye candy.

I stopped caring for San Diego when they disrespected Rosanne....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What I find unrealistic about the show is that every adult is employed and they live in a low cost area and yet are always on the edge of disaster. The realest moment on the show was when Dan was upset his partner retired and got a boat and he told Dan "It's not my fault you never could save a nickel."

On 4/23/2021 at 12:08 AM, handiacefailure said:

Whatever happened to Jerry, their youngest son? I've never heard him mentioned in the revival.

They did mention Jerry in the very first episode of the reboot when Roseanne was still on. She said he was on a boat in the middle of the ocean so they couldn't get in touch with him. But that was the end of him there. 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:18 AM, samhexum said:

She's rarely on the show, so other than Jackie occasionally complaining about her, she's not a big enough part of the show for her sexuality to matter. Plus, she's 187 years old by now, so there'd be nobody of either sex available to date her.

She had been on actually quite often before this past season until the face time with Jackie following her Jeopardy appearance. I thought it was maybe due to her age at first this year but now am guessing with COVID she was staying home in isolation. 

10 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

She had been on actually quite often before this past season until the face time with Jackie following her Jeopardy appearance. I thought it was maybe due to her age at first this year but now am guessing with COVID she was staying home in isolation. 

I saw her when she was in her 80s on stage when she was the star in Osage county and was amazed at how many steps of stairs she climbed in that.   She was also in Nice Work if you can get it when she was in her 80s in a smaller part.

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 6:38 PM, samhexum said:

I think the show has wound up better as a result of losing Roseanne. Instead of being a possibly tired reboot, it became more of a spin-off with Darlene & Becky moving front and center, though DJ is still barely used. And Dan surely has been given more interesting stories than he would've gotten as Roseanne's foil.

It's not a great show, but I enjoy it and hope it lasts awhile. And Peg Bundy Katey Sagal has been an excellent addition as Dan's new love.

Did anybody ever read or hear anything about why they chose to exclude Jackie's son (Andy) from the show? He didn't even have to appear; he could've just been mentioned as being in the military (or prison) to explain his absence if they didn't want to include another character. But why pretend she never had a child?

Just read on line that the reason Andy was cut out had to do with his being lost in the dream section similar to the millions and Dan's death.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 10:27 PM, samhexum said:

They pulled it off pretty well.  The overhead mike in the kitchen came into view briefly, but that happens sometimes in shows that aren't live, too.  Mark has apparently grown eight feet since the series began.

I have the original series on DVD and it happens all the time in it!

And yeah Ames McNamara, the actor who plays Mark, definitely hit puberty during the hiatus. He just turned 14 a couple weeks ago. 

I haven't watched the episode from last night yet but I'm not enjoying the new season so far. I echo what @samhexum said once about DJ barely being used. They should have just had his character and family move away. He is plugged into scenes basically for one or two lines just to show he's there. He really has no involvement in any of the plot lines. And this has happened before but now they had Emilio disappear again! He was working at the lunch box as a bus boy and he hasn't been on yet this season. And Beverly Rose as well has not been seen or mentioned. Did he kidnap her maybe? All they had Becky worrying about was hooking up with that guy from high school. 😅

I'm thinking this might be the last season although if the ratings are still good they will try to go as long as they can.

5 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

I haven't watched the episode from last night yet but I'm not enjoying the new season so far. I echo what @samhexum said once about DJ barely being used. They should have just had his character and family move away. He is plugged into scenes basically for one or two lines just to show he's there. He really has no involvement in any of the plot lines.

I think he had two lines last night.

BTW, I keep meaning to ask... is that actually you as your avatar?  If it is, you're adorable.

8 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

And this has happened before but now they had Emilio disappear again! He was working at the lunch box as a bus boy and he hasn't been on yet this season. And Beverly Rose as well has not been seen or mentioned. Did he kidnap her maybe? All they had Becky worrying about was hooking up with that guy from high school. 😅

Are The Conners‘ Becky and Mikey going to become more than just friends with benefits? I really wanted see Becky get together with Emilio.
“We really love Mikey and Becky together, but we’ll see what happens with them” as Becky continues to navigate her newfound sobriety, executive producer Bruce Helford recently told TVLine. As for Becky’s baby daddy, fellow EP Dave Caplan confirmed that Emilio will be back, and he “makes her think about her future a little differently.”

On 10/14/2021 at 5:58 PM, samhexum said:

Are The Conners‘ Becky and Mikey going to become more than just friends with benefits? I really wanted see Becky get together with Emilio.
“We really love Mikey and Becky together, but we’ll see what happens with them” as Becky continues to navigate her newfound sobriety, executive producer Bruce Helford recently told TVLine. As for Becky’s baby daddy, fellow EP Dave Caplan confirmed that Emilio will be back, and he “makes her think about her future a little differently.”

If Becky doesn't want him I'll take him gladly!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...