Point 202 or Club 117

OceanTraveller
This topic is 1481 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The scene in rio was very stale this year. Very few fresh faces, 90% have worked in the local saunas more than three years - both 202 and 117. Lions Club is not worth a visit - been twice now and can't think of a single reason to return.

The new Espaco Lagoa in SP was worth a day trip. Very new, very clean, lots of guys.

Is it fairly certain that going to Sao Paulo for Lagoa is better than going to Rio? (I've done the Rio tourist thing).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scene in rio was very stale this year. Very few fresh faces, 90% have worked in the local saunas more than three years - both 202 and 117. Lions Club is not worth a visit - been twice now and can't think of a single reason to return.

The new Espaco Lagoa in SP was worth a day trip. Very new, very clean, lots of guys.

Is it fairly certain that going to Sao Paulo for Lagoa is better than going to Rio? (I've done the Rio tourist thing).

On the Boytoy website there was a post dated 7 January which said in part ''On January 1, 3, and 4 I (was at the new Lagoa) always arrive late around 8 so that might influence my opinion. The number of clients went from 40-50 on the1st to 60-70 on the 4th with an abysmal number of boys of 5 boys on the 1st (checked at reception) to around 20 on the 4th.

Please someone tell the boys in Rio there is much money to be made here in Lagoa this month.''

I don't know what to believe.

On the Boytoy website there was a post dated 7 January which said in part ''On January 1, 3, and 4 I (was at the new Lagoa) always arrive late around 8 so that might influence my opinion. The number of clients went from 40-50 on the1st to 60-70 on the 4th with an abysmal number of boys of 5 boys on the 1st (checked at reception) to around 20 on the 4th.

Please someone tell the boys in Rio there is much money to be made here in Lagoa this month.''

Yes. I need to book my tickets in the next couple days and I want to know whether to return from Sao Paulo and add a couple days there. Are the guys,ethnic/muscles/age about the same?

I was there 1/3 from 5-10 pm. The only way to see 5 boys during that time was to only watch the 5 Gogo boys on stage together around 9pm. i Can’t imagine less than 20 boys at any time while I was there and Double that at peak times

I was at the new Lagoa for three of its peak days in December (Wednesday 11th, Friday 13th, Saturday 14th). My observation was that only that Friday was a day that was reminiscent of the old Lagoa, coming close to the quality and quantity of garotos from peak years of 5 years ago, and that the other days had too many clients versus garotos, and the garotos were not (IMO) very exceptional.

Regarding new garotos, I am a regular traveler to Brazil (at least twice a year, minimum) and of the ones I saw that I liked, only 2-3 were new faces to me. The others I was familiar with and were very good regulars for me. Of course, if you are not a frequenter of BrazilIan or European saunas, these garotos would all be new to you, anyway.

It matters what type of garoto you prefer in determining what kind of experience you’ll probably have at the new Lagoa. Although there were still a few, there are less muscle boys at the new Lagoa than there were at the old Lagoa from 3-5 years ago. There seem to be more skinny twinkish types, or just average builds. If you’re like me and more into former and not at all into the latter, then the new Lagoa, especially compared to the old one from a few years back, will be a bit of a disappointment. Also, it’s more “hit or miss” than a true guarantee for visual pleasure like before. I will return, yes, but with lowered expectations.

It will be most interesting how the new Fragata in São Paulo shapes up.

Fragata was always known as an also-ran sauna, with garotos that were more of average or twink builds. If the new Lagoa is featuring more of these types, then I wonder if there is a place in that space for Fragata at all. Perhaps the new Fragata will change its focus? Maybe it will pick up where the old Lagoa left off, and feature more masculine, built garotos instead?

Fragata was always known as an also-ran sauna, with garotos that were more of average or twink builds. If the new Lagoa is featuring more of these types, then I wonder if there is a place in that space for Fragata at all. Perhaps the new Fragata will change its focus? Maybe it will pick up where the old Lagoa left off, and feature more masculine, built garotos instead?

Who knows? All I’ll say is that I have fond memories of experiences at Fragata.

The scene in rio was very stale this year. Very few fresh faces, 90% have worked in the local saunas more than three years - both 202 and 117.

As someone who is / was in both Rio and SP at or around these same times, and regularly is, I would not agree with this statement at all. For my type of garoto, due to my frequent travels and visits, I pretty much know all the players in several BrazilIan cities — and I was still able to find and meet “fresh new faces” at these saunas. In fact, I have met more at 117 and 202 during this trip than at the new Lagoa. But again, maybe this depends on the type of garoto you seek — as I’m almost exclusively into well-built, muscular, masculine men. The others aren’t really on my radar (although I have enough of a memory to remember if I have seen a certain garoto in person before).

Lions Club is not worth a visit - been twice now and can't think of a single reason to return.

Agreed! Although I do know a few gogo boys who danced there. But they also dance at other clubs and saunas in Rio and SP — it’s a rotation, so nothing exclusive.

I commented about this earlier. In the 3 busiest days I went in December, 2 of those days had more clients than garotos, and only 1 day (Friday) was reminiscent of the old Lagoa in its heyday. Yes it is very new and very clean — I will concede that, but “lots of guys”? Hit or miss! My opinion is it is no longer the premier sauna in Brazil in quality / quantity of garotos and ease of use, having lost that to 117 (even in the last year or so of the grand old Lagoa), and competes now with 202 for a second / third place finish. But yes, still worth a visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge question: Where or how is the best place or method in Rio to change money ? Do either 117 or Pointe take cards for garoto pay? (and why is this industry the last to take cards and electronic transfers !).

Also my hotel in Copa has an airport transfer for 400 B$ roundtrip. Seems very steep.

I take American cash to Brazil only as back up for an emergency. So far I never needed it.

Get local currency from ATMs. Some garotos de programa (no sauna boys) will take credit cards. The only cash you need in the saunas is tipping change and the boys payment. All your drinks, food, rooms, and any expense related to the sauna service goes to your account, and you pay with your credit card when you check out.

I usually just use a bank ATM with my debit card, “Interac” designation. But I get some BRL cash at home for backup for arrival, usually an exorbitant exchange rate. I do not keep track of ATM exchange rates, because they are standard I just suck it up.

My South American experience is quite dated but it accords with more recent experience elsewhere. Use ATMs on arrival. (I used ATMs in Argentina, Peru, Ecuador and Chile and they paid standard international rates, and in some countries they would dispense local currency or USD - noting that I was drawing on an AUD account.) On my trip earlier this month I changed AUD for NZD at 87c, on arrival I withdrew more from an ATM in the terminal at 103c, so I got 16c less per AUD from the Bureau de Change than I was paid from the ATM.

Arrived in Rio ....what a long trip. I had never been to the center or Copacabana where Im staying. A lot more poor than Ipanema/Leblon/Sao Corrado. And so spread out. The airport was 45 minutes to an hour coming in.

Going to try and nap and shoot over to Tuesday at Pointe. A short walk or fast Uber ride.

Arrived in Rio ....what a long trip. I had never been to the center or Copacabana where Im staying. A lot more poor than Ipanema/Leblon/Sao Corrado. And so spread out. The airport was 45 minutes to an hour coming in.

Going to try and nap and shoot over to Tuesday at Pointe. A short walk or fast Uber ride.

Well that nap ended about 6am Wednesday morning. Went out and got an hour sun on the beach and headed to Pointe, a ten minute walk, for their big Wednesday at 3pm. Hope some 117 guys are there too.

went to Pointe 202 today, Weds, its free cabin night (admission is still 70R). 40 providers and 15 clients. Many muscle guys. Etnically diverse. I got both blonds...a huge pectoral muscle latin guy in mid 30s with perfect firm ass shaved head blue eyes and tight. Plus a Euro-looking college looking guy witty but butch but average 21 yr old soft body. Perfect face and a real smart ass college boy attitude for joking. A few guys had super bods. Many big hard dicks on display too. All 100R.

Uber from the Marriott was 7R...under $3, for 1 km. Traffic here is unbearably slow. Slower than walking.

Some guys were taking pics. Ill try. I have another week in Rio.

I dont understand how guys can afford to pay 70 to get in if they only hope to make 100 a client. Big risk.

Edited by tassojunior

went to Pointe 202 today, Weds, its free cabin night (admission is still 70R). 40 providers and 15 clients. Many muscle guys. Etnically diverse. I got both blonds...a huge pectoral muscle latin guy in mid 30s with perfect firm ass shaved head blue eyes and tight. Plus a Euro-looking college looking guy witty but butch but average 21 yr old soft body. Perfect face and a real smart ass college boy attitude for joking. A few guys had super bods. Many big hard dicks on display too. All 100R.

Uber from the Marriott was 7R...under $3, for 1 km. Traffic here is unbearably slow. Slower than walking.

Some guys were taking pics. Ill try. I have another week in Rio.

I dont understand how guys can afford to pay 70 to get in if they only hope to make 100 a client. Big risk.

Working boys pay only half of that money. One of my ways to tip the guys that are super nice making me company and/or introducing me to other guys, when I am not interested in a programa with them, is paying the 40R of their ticket.