Skeptic on Sabbatical

Guest Skeptic
This topic is 8716 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Skeptic

Now here's a post I might get EVERYONE to agree on: a quick survey of the entire message center this morning has persuaded me that I've had far too much to say on far too many subjects.

So, on the advice of Dr. Lecter, I'm setting out early for the holiday weekend, and, as an excercise in shedding some OCPD traits, I'll be leaving my laptop behind! (So even if Polly slips out occasionally, she'll have no way of posting her girlish interjections.)

The doc even wants me to refrain from my twice-daily calls to him. He says it will be a good practice session for those difficult weeks in August, when he takes off for his usual gourmet tour through the south of France.

So, ciao for now to one and all! Have a lovely holiday, and I'll see you early next week. . .

Guest Matt In Vancouver

You will be missed... and i mean that in a most sincere way, I for one will anticipate your return, with a vengance I'm sure: )

matt

Guest Jake

Darling boy, nobody says it better than you. I, for one, will be eagerly awaiting your return. Have a fantastic weekend.

All of you sillies, asking the Skep questions just as if he didn't leave as soon as he posted his farewell.

Skeptic, dear old fellow and brainiac:

Let me be the first to say "Welcome Home!" as I have no doubt that your curiosity will pull you to this thread as soon as you arrive back. Please post something today so that Boston Guy and I don't have to worry about whether you made it home safely.

Guest fortuin

No, no!! Say it isn't so!! An entire long weekend without the weighty philosophical musings of HIMSELF, not to mention the ribald commentary of his madcap alter-ego?? I have no other choice but to dust off my videos of Wayland Flowers and Madame.

• 2 weeks later...

RE: Is Skeptic's sabbatical over yet?

How long is Skeptic's sabbatical going to last? The Lounge is getting boring---and I'm looking forward to some more verbal fireworks.

Have you seen the thread where some guy takes us to task for getting off the subject so often? He makes it sound like he's worried that way about more than just the Deli, too. Maybe others are right about there being some not nice guys around anymore. It's been enough to get me thinking about taking a sabatical, too. I'm not going all the way away, but I think that I will try to say less about less. Until maybe next Fall. My mind always does want to take the Summer off anyway.

Guest paulnyc

Enjoy your summer. Looking to hear from you in the fall.

Archived