Bringing guests to my hotel room in Mexico City?

Ichabod
This topic is 825 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It might take some hens 24 hours to get from Austin to Mexico City but it only takes a commercial airplane two hours, twenty-five minutes - see below:

1 flight per day, 2h 25m duration

Austin, TX (AUS) to Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)

Search flight prices on Google

1:35 pm

4:00 pm

Aeromexico 2687

The flight is convenient if one is willing to risk the dangers reported.

Perhaps he was thinking Aus(tralia)?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might take some hens 24 hours to get from Austin to Mexico City but it only takes a commercial airplane two hours, twenty-five minutes - see below:

Aeromexico 2687

Perhaps he was thinking Aus(tralia)?

Not sure how Austin came into this discussion - aus in Deadlift's post meant Australia not Austin. The article is from an Australian news site and it talks about Australian women going to Mexico City for a 48 hour trip. It doesn't, however say that they flew from Australia. Take it from me, a trip to anywhere in North America from Australia with a 48 hour turn-around is not worth contemplating. (Business travel aside, even then not desirable.) I inferred that they were Australians in New York who had made the trip - the article mentions cheap airfares from there. In the closing paras it mentions the 3.5 hour flight from LA as a reason for Australians to consider a trip there, but I took that to be a reason to go as part of a bigger trip to North America, not as a weekend away.

Not sure how Austin came into this discussion - aus in Deadlift's post meant Australia not Austin. The article is from an Australian news site and it talks about Australian women going to Mexico City for a 48 hour trip. It doesn't, however say that they flew from Australia. Take it from me, a trip to anywhere in North America from Australia with a 48 hour turn-around is not worth contemplating. (Business travel aside, even then not desirable.) I inferred that they were Australians in New York who had made the trip - the article mentions cheap airfares from there. In the closing paras it mentions the 3.5 hour flight from LA as a reason for Australians to consider a trip there, but I took that to be a reason to go as part of a bigger trip to North America, not as a weekend away.

Current U.S. Department of State Mexico Travel Advisory (11/2018) - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution

"Exercise increased caution in Mexico due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

Current U.S. Department of State Mexico Travel Advisory (11/2018) - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution

"Exercise increased caution in Mexico due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

Not sure how Austin came into this discussion -

I travel a lot and I know many of the airport codes.

When the OP wrote "aus" along with a trip, I assumed he meant AUS for Austin, Texas. The airport code for Sydney, Australia is SYD.

I am not sure where the OP got "hens" into the discussion.

I travel a lot and I know many of the airport codes.

When the OP wrote "aus" along with a trip, I assumed he meant AUS for Austin, Texas. The airport code for Sydney, Australia is SYD.

I am not sure where the OP got "hens" into the discussion.

I figured that (on the airport code). When I saw aus in isolation and the mention of a 24 hour flight to Mexico I assumed he meant Australia (as I might be expected to do, and as it happened, my guess - and that's all it was before I read the article - was correct). Hens' night is Australian (and I assumed wider) vernacular for a ladies' night out, and the referenced article talks about a hens' party attended by a dozen Aussie women.

I figured that (on the airport code). When I saw aus in isolation and the mention of a 24 hour flight to Mexico I assumed he meant Australia (as I might be expected to do, and as it happened, my guess - and that's all it was before I read the article - was correct). Hens' night is Australian (and I assumed wider) vernacular for a ladies' night out, and the referenced article talks about a hens' party attended by a dozen Aussie women.

Thank you for that bit of history on word origin.

My not being from Australia left me "out of the loop" with respect to knowing the meaning of the terms used in the original post.

Thanks again.

I am not angry. I'm a great believer in keeping discussions on these message forums civil. My comments are greatly influenced by a major article in "The Sydney Morning Herald'' about 2 years ago about the crime problem in Mexico in particular Acapulco which as I said earlier is now the centre of drug wars. Its a great pity because Acapulco was a beautiful beach resort and I enjoyed my 2 visits.

PS I remember an occasion when I under tipped a waiter in a quality hotel restaurant in Mexico City. He expressed his displeasure in no uncertain terms.

I lived

I was in Mexico in 1972 and 1974. A long time ago. I recall walking in along the street in Mexico City and young men embracing me and saying “amigo” and frisking me. I was lying on the beach in Acapulco and a guy coming up and started talking to me. I developed a sixth sense and turned around and his mate had come from behind and was running away with my shorts. As soon as he saw me he dropped them.

The Mexicans would be some of the most rapacious people I have ever encountered. Totally spoilt by Americans and see foreigners as people to be ripped off. In Acapulco in those days working boys were certainly not allowed in hotels.I might add that these days, from articles I have read, it is right in the middle of the drug scene and is literally a war zone, a massive change from the 70’s when it was a playground for the rich and fatuous. I believe crime is a major factor all over Mexico and I would not care to stay at a hotel crawling with rent boys.

I lived in Mexico City for 10 years in the 90s, and during those 10 years I traveled all over Mexico. It's a GORGEOUS Country with very nice people. Also, I go to back to Mexico City, Monterrey, Guadalajara end other cities frequently for work from time to time. Yes, definitely especially in Mexico City crime rate which was already high in the 90s is even higher now, but of course it depends also where and when you hang. As a tourist is always good to try not to flash jewelry and keep always a bit alert but hey, NYC where I live is not really the safest city in the world! In some places (Acapulco, PV, Cancun etc) of course the tendency is to somehow taking advantage of tourism and tourists so it is always good to be alert, but saying that "Mexicans are some of the most rapacious people" is a big lie. Mexicans are among the nicest people I have met, and I traveled and travel the world quite a lot.

Edited by Italiano

Aeromexico 2687

AUSTRALIA!

I was just in Mexico for a couple of days in Tijuana. At no time did I feel I was in danger. I spent some time at the stadium that the caravan was at (pics and video in my IG link) and other parts of town and at no time did I feel I was in danger. Why? Because I wasnt flashy with my clothes or electronics and when I interacted with people I was polite and humble. Seems that usually when tourists get into trouble is because they're drunk, stupid and cocky. And those I feel no sympathy for. On a happy note, I'm looking forward to my next trip to mi tierra Mexico and then Guatemala and Honduras this Spring.

Hugs,

Greg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi guys. Any updates on this thread? I usually stay at Sheraton Maria Isabel but it’s $140 a night for my stay. A lot more than I’ve paid in the recent past.

I just spend a long week end in Mexico City. I stayed in Colonia Roma at Stanza Hotel. It's not the Sheraton Maria Isabel, but it was 70$ a night with buffet breakfast, nice, clean, and no problem in having machos in my room. And it is located in one of the trendiest areas in the City, plenty of restaurantes, bars, and very nice to walk around.

• 1 month later...

I stayed in a Polanco Airbnb in CDMX earlier this year. There was a concierge's desk, but I didn't have any issues bring grindr hookups up to the apartment. While Airbnb's are often cheaper and can be nicer accommodations for the price, I personally find it more convenient to have daily housekeeping.

I also stayed at the Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa for a few days during my visit and I had to go to the lobby to sign for guests and they had to provide their ID to hold until we came back.

Did anyone have any hassles with guests when they stayed at the Four Seasons, St. Regis, Marriott Reforma, or even Hotel N.H. a European hotel?

Any information on Airbnb in Roma Norte (or close by) hassle free discreet entrance for grinder guys? Or anonymous hotel?

I stayed at Stanza Hotel in Colonia Roma. Nice, clean, very good price, perfectly located and no problem in having men directly to yr room :)