The "people you ignore" feature

Smurof
This topic is 1315 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I sit here in my castle looking into my hand-held mirror next to my gigantic mirror (joking, yes really joking, I don't have a hand-held anything), I'm wondering how many people use this available feature. I don't.

I do

1. I ignore 5-6 users, I think. Each for a different reason. I'm fairly a certain 2 or 3 no longer visit the forum anyway.

2. I've wondered if users know when they're ignored. Or if it shows somewhere on my profile. I ask because someone I'd never interacted with sent PM with a very accurate statement regarding the folks I ignore. How did he know?

As I sit here in my castle looking into my hand-held mirror next to my gigantic mirror (joking, yes really joking, I don't have a hand-held anything), I'm wondering how many people use this available feature. I don't.

I do.

When I clicked your avatar I got:

Error

This member limits who may view their full profile.

~Boomer~

That's a different feature. I believe it is set by changing a privacy setting.

I don't think it really works. It doesn't block or delete you seeing the other persons comments. Every other site I go to does that as well. I've apparently been blocked because the blocker regularly wants everyone to know they blocked me.

I don't think it really works. It doesn't block or delete you seeing the other persons comments. Every other site I go to does that as well. I've apparently been blocked because the blocker regularly wants everyone to know they blocked me.

It works fine for me, almost too well. After ignoring, the ignored's comments become invisible to me. On a few occasions this has been humorous/confusing, because a third party was debating the ignored and seemed to be talking to himself.

I've apparently been blocked because the blocker regularly wants everyone to know they blocked me.

That's my favorite thing about the serial blockers... They have to announce to the world that they're putting you on ignore, as if that's supposed to emotionally destroy you or something. I especially love it when they keep responding to you after announcing to everyone that you've been blocked.

It works fine for me, almost too well. After ignoring, the ignored's comments become invisible to me. On a few occasions this has been humorous/confusing, because a third party was debating the ignored and seemed to be talking to himself.

Yes but just like you responded to my lovely comment the blocker will see my quote above so the person isn't completely invisible.

Yes but just like you responded to my lovely comment the blocker will see my quote above so the person isn't completely invisible.

Good point. I see what you mean. On balance I’d say ignore is a good function for filtering out someone undesirable, even if it doesn’t totally prevent visibility in all scenarios.

Good point. I see what you mean. On balance I’d say ignore is a good function for filtering out someone undesirable, even if it doesn’t totally prevent visibility in all scenarios.

I think it works great. Out of sight, out of mind. I see the messages indicating the presence of ignored content and it's as thought they're not even there. I'm not as quick to use the 'ignore' feature as I used to be because I realized there's just no substitute for a thick hide and the only way to get one is to expose yourself.